A few outdoors trips the last month.

I know I should post pictures in another section on the forum, but I am out of their's league. They paid more money for their's camera bag than I did for my camera ( bag came with it). You guys are not hard on me because the picture isn't perfect like their's. Never would post there again.

Made some trips around the area. Went to several spots but only reporting on a few of them. For the most part I found something new to see even after being there before.

Suwanne Springs

First time visiting the ruins of a health spa from the 1880's. A fun place for kids and kids at heart to checkout. Not much water in the springs but the limestone ruins made up for it. The river is very beautiful here with the high cliffs of limestones lining the sides.

SuwanneespringsandStatePark2-02-12018-1.jpg

SuwanneespringsandStatePark2-02-12009.jpg

SuwanneespringsandStatePark2-02-12029.jpg

SuwanneespringsandStatePark2-02-12032-1.jpg

Been to Manatee Springs at least once a year for 7 years. Today was the first time I ever saw a manatee there. I have to quit calling it Lack Of Manatee State Park.

Cypress trees and cypress knees lining the run with the yellow wildflowers adding color.

2-23-2012manateeSprings023-2.jpg

A lone manatee heading to the river from the run.

2-23-2012manateeSprings025-1.jpg

Some widlife shots. Gators still my favorite to take,

Big old gals.

Paynesprairie022-1.jpg

Paynesprairie069-1.jpg

A Anhinda. Doesn't have oil glands so they have to spread their's wings to dry them.

Paynesprairie030-1.jpg

A small one.

Ozelloandrainbowspings009.jpg

Stop at Fowler Bluff and hike the river trail. A great 1 mile walk to the river with a couple long broardwalks. Hoping to find the gold left there 200 years ago my Jean lafitte. Uncourse I didn't look hard. Don't believe it. A lot of people do. Here is a web site of National Geographic, Wish you luck if you look for it.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070315-pirate-treasure.html

Still a enjoyable 1 mile walk on a well kept trail.

2-23-2012manateeSprings035.jpg

Odd and ends.

Ozelloandrainbowspings014.jpg

SuwanneespringsandStatePark2-02-12051.jpg

Ozelloandrainbowspings020.jpg

Paynesprairie074.jpg

Paynesprairie081.jpg

Ozelloandrainbowspings003.jpg

Replies