Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

New servers

Did anyone else notice how much faster this site is and the absence of database errors since it now resides on local servers?
This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Replies

• Travis GTravis G Kentucky😢Posts: 501 Deckhand
    a lot faster. more enjoyable to surf when it goes where you tell it and when you tell it.
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    magot wrote: »
    I thought the migration was aborted due to "issues."
    It was supposed to happen early Saturday morning but you might be right Tom. In any event there is a marked increase in speed here it could be a local issue but the timing...... I noticed it Saturday. I am just a lowly Mod so I really don't get any any inside info here (except when Magot is misbehaiving!)
  • reeljobreeljob Posts: 385 Officer
    Since I keep getting this, I will come back in a month or two and see if it ever decides to work again:

Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following: •Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    •Open the forums.floridasportsman.com home page, then try to open another page.
    •Click the Back button to try another link.

The forums.floridasportsman.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    I was born with nothing, and I have most of it left.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    magot wrote: »
    I thought the migration was aborted due to "issues."

:signs

There was an issue with a couple of problems. Another attempt this coming week. Had something to do with potential to screw up members IP #'s. In the mean time they are working on some stuff, that might have fixed or speed up a few things. I use to get a STAY/LEAVE page error after making a post. ALWAYS ended up giving me a double post. Got the error twice today, but NO double post. :shrug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    I spoke too soon...I got a couple errors this morning so I stand corrected...but it is a good bit faster.