Thru hull fitting to access

bebrownbebrown DeckhandPosts: 339 Deckhand
I noticed after my last outing that the thru hull fitting for my cabin sink drain had broke. I can't see how I can access the back side of it to repair it or even get the hose up to it. Any ideas?? It looks like the fitting below it is brittle too. It is a 1996 Grady White hull.



  • beyondhelpbeyondhelp Deckhand Posts: 392 Deckhand
    Do you have any pics from the inside? It may be difficult but I would bet it is accessible from underneath a hatch or compartment somewhere. On my SportCraft I had to do some contortionist style movements to get to the deck drains and they were under a drop in compartment insert. I'm going to replace them with something a little sturdier.
  • surfmansurfman Admiral WC FLPosts: 5,974 Admiral
    Holy cow they used those cheap plastic thru hull on a Grady? Wow. You should be able to access it, you may have to remove the rod holders or something. What is directly on the other side?
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • CaptTaterCaptTater AG Posts: 20,096 AG
    You may have to cut a round hole and put an access panel.
    Even my Regulator has those cheap plastic thru hulls disgusting.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
Sign In or Register to comment.