Any stereo ideas??????????????????

Does anyone have any stereo ideas? Some pics of systems would be cool. I am wanting to put something in my centor console. Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Alvin AAlvin A Posts: 315 Deckhand
    I bought the JBL Marine system...black box goes under the console, faceplate is small and waterproof. I love it
    Weld-Craft 1656 Tunnel, Yamaha F70, Garmin 547xs.
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,107 Captain
    I got the Fusion ipod stereo. You can insert your ipod/iphone directly into it. It will display the contents on the plotter and supposedly keep your phone/ipod charged. My wife likes that feature. I am still stuck on my blackberry.

Anyway, the stereo head mounts inside the console with the plastic cover on so it never gets exposed to the elements. You will forget its even there. There is a circular wired remote (about 3 inches across) which controls the system (power, mode and volume) from the dash. The display pops up on the plotter and from there you can see the contents of your ipod/phone, scroll around the sat radio, change channels, see whats playing on other channels, etc....

Pretty neat. Been beating the crap out of it for almost 2 years and no issue yet unlike the Clarion(s) I had before which were good for about a year each.

I continue to use the polyplaner speakers that came with the boat as they seem fine to me, serve my purpose and not very expensive to replace. No amps, woofers, tubes, etc... It's a fishing boat,not a party boat!

However, this Fusion stereo has really impressed me thus far and it has enough power to blow the speakers if I felt the need.

If you want pics showing the way I installed the system (ie... placement of the components) in my center console let me know.

Good luck figuring out what works for you.
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    After a few marine ones over the years I decided to try some automotive ones and put some clear tape on it. The first one lasted about 20 minutes because there was a leak in the console right above it so when I washed the fiber glass cuttings off it died right away. :( The replacement is going on year 4.
    It's this cheap Boss brand's predecessor. Features are Bluetooth(reads TXTs, great speakerphone even when slow cruising), DVD player, USB port for phone charging or playing music from phone or movies on USB or phone, SD memory card for audio or movies(I keep all my songs on SD and just update when I want to), audio/video OUT if you want to go to a larger screen or projector, wireless remote(seal in vacuum bagger).
    I think I paid $139 for it and it has external heat sinks which is a must for one you'll seal up.
    I think I'm going to trade it out for a 2 Din so I can have a 7" screen. The little screen his kind of hard to touch right at speed.
    39315_1.gif
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Fusion MS RA200

Custom mount made from Radio Shack $6 project box.

Fusion Subwoofer (sideways view)

Poly Planner under gunnel mount speakers.

Ipod and phone connectivity and Sirius. It also scans marine VHF.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Awesome. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rehartlinerehartline Posts: 794 Officer
    Ditto on the Fusion. It's the only one that has ever held up for me. I was going through one a year until I put it in. Plus the iPod dock is a nice bonus.
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,201 Admiral
    CaptTater wrote: »
    After a few marine ones over the years I decided to try some automotive ones and put some clear tape on it. The first one lasted about 20 minutes because there was a leak in the console right above it so when I washed the fiber glass cuttings off it died right away. :( The replacement is going on year 4.
    It's this cheap Boss brand's predecessor. Features are Bluetooth(reads TXTs, great speakerphone even when slow cruising), DVD player, USB port for phone charging or playing music from phone or movies on USB or phone, SD memory card for audio or movies(I keep all my songs on SD and just update when I want to), audio/video OUT if you want to go to a larger screen or projector, wireless remote(seal in vacuum bagger).
    I think I paid $139 for it and it has external heat sinks which is a must for one you'll seal up.
    I think I'm going to trade it out for a 2 Din so I can have a 7" screen. The little screen his kind of hard to touch right at speed.
    39315_1.gif

Tater, I love ya bro, but please dont influence folks to put this on thier boats!

Get you a Clarion C-series. Or a Fusion. (If you must have am/fm or sat.) Or an amp with an rca to headphone jack adapter cord, and plug in your phone, I-pod or mp3. Who the hell listens to anything other than internet (Pandora) or stored data these days anyway?
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • DBStootsDBStoots Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Choices and installation options are more limited in a flats skiff, but here's what I put in my Maverick HPX-V 17'. Fusion Marine Stereo MS-IP600 with two Fusion Marine 6" Stereo speakers. I had Bob at Shallow Water Customs do the installation--he did a great job. Had to relocate some of the wiring, the battery switch, the circuit breaker for the trolling motor, etc. And, I had him lay out and fabricate a new switch plate. Here's a picture:/Users/
  • swiseufswiseuf Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    JL Audio+ Fusion is as good a package as you will find.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Tater, I love ya bro, but please dont influence folks to put this on thier boats!

Get you a Clarion C-series. Or a Fusion. (If you must have am/fm or sat.) Or an amp with an rca to headphone jack adapter cord, and plug in your phone, I-pod or mp3. Who the hell listens to anything other than internet (Pandora) or stored data these days anyway?
    WHy not? Radio, SD memory, DVD, TV if you want and from your phone wirelessly. I can use my phone and change songs and volume from anywhere withing bluetooth range and still accept speakerphone calls and it reads txts outloud. For $150. Again mine is I guess about 4yrs old now.
    Plenty of inputs and outputs to your amp or whatever.
    Who uses cords for audio? And we don't have cell phone access more than about 10miles offshore and high speed data more than a couple. It's radio for me or stuff stored on my SD. I can keep the phone plugged into charge or turn it off when I know I'm out of range and play hours of music from whatever.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • HooksettHooksett Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    Anybody have Rockford Fosgate marine speakers, Jl quality for under 200.00 a pair. Love the sound of JL's but alot of coin and I have to replace 3 pair. :banghead

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15634_Rockford-Fosgate-M282-White.html These are the ones I am considering.
  • capt_charliecapt_charlie Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Hello i Install Marine Electronics and i do tons of radios clarion is the most reliable radio on the water. if you have any other questions
    please call me at 239-738-8589 or email [email protected]
  • 001001 Posts: 4,292 Captain
    I've really liked my Aquatic AV. No problems with it for the past five years. Now I'm thinking about going with something with Bluetooth. Anyone out there have any suggestions for a good marine stereo with Bluetooth? Video would be great too. Then I could play movies on my E-120.
  • captnick50captnick50 Posts: 121 Officer
    lakeside if I can find the link I put a third party bluetooth connection made by blackberry in a few boats all it needed was 12v and a aux input on the radio and it worked great. We kept it in the console and it has seemed to last about 2 years so far.
  • 001001 Posts: 4,292 Captain
    captnick50 wrote: »
    lakeside if I can find the link I put a third party bluetooth connection made by blackberry in a few boats all it needed was 12v and a aux input on the radio and it worked great. We kept it in the console and it has seemed to last about 2 years so far.

Sounds good to me.