Skip to main content
Home Fly Fishing

Tibor Awesome customer service.

mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
I would like for folks to know that Tibor Reels has lightening fast turnaround on repairs. Last week I sent in one of my Gulfstreams (I have 3 of them) because the springs on the cork drag assembly stopped springing. ONE week later the reel was in my bag heading for the Keys to do battle once again. I am really impressed with their service and turnaround time. The reel had been repaired, cleaned, lubed and the lost screw (I dropped it on the boat) replaced for the standard $25 service fee. Thanks to the folks at Tibor. I am so pleased with how they do business I went out and bought another Pacific (I have two now) to do some Marlin fishing this year.

Replies

• sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Glad to hear you had good service. Hope I never need it but good to know it is there. Lost screw, dropped in boat? Must be a story there.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • ZhunterZhunter Posts: 226 Deckhand
    Sparse

He messes with his gear as much as he fishes ;)
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Hey Ron!
    I found the one disadvantage of a self bailing boat. The screw rolled right out the scupper...LOL
    Jay there's a guy on a jet ski asking for ya...LMAO
    Michael, not sure if you heard the conversation with the Ranger when I was leaving, but the Fish & Wildlife had an undercover guy over by the bridge (must have been on a jetski to catch the guy) and gave that IDIOT a ticket. Guy first claimed he did not see the sign, then claimed he could not read the sign because it was in English (which happens to be the official language of THE UNITED STATES). Justice was served.

He did say he did not go after him in his boat as he would have no chance of catching the guy
  • JJDJJD Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    I have yet to have any issues with my old Billy Pates (one is a first run dating to early 80s) or Tibors, but it's nice to know they have great service.

Can we have a sidebar bluewater discussion? I'm heading to Hawaii and will be bringing a BIG stick. PM sent.

JD
    Michael, sell him your new rod
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    The signs on that flat all have the international sign for no with a prop in the center what's to read? I did not go out today after seeing how many Googans were invading Islamorada many of whom were towing those friggen jet skis. I had coffee with Bugsy the bait guy, packed up and headed home. A couple of the guides declared Tarpon season over this morning with one saying he was off to Montana for the summer to guide the trout weenies. Let's hit up those Mahi when you get back, safe trip!
    JD you have a pm.