Allen West proves he is a politician of opportunity not substance.

2»

Replies

• SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    Did Wests district go away? if No, then he is running away. Regardless, the Dem's will pick up another seat. Let West and Tooney bludgin it out, like Neut and Mittens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Funny how someone sitting at the computer in the safety of their home, can comment and criticize how someone acted when they were fighting for their county.

Thank those who serve and know something about life that you will never know, for giving you the opportunity to think you know something!
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,282 Admiral
    Did Wests district go away? if No, then he is running away. Regardless, the Dem's will pick up another seat. Let West and Tooney bludgin it out, like Neut and Mittens.

Noooo....West's district was re-drawn...chaaaanged, as in not exactly the same, as in the boundary lines are different.

West and Tooney are running in two separate districts.

Yessss, Florida is adding congressional districts...no doubt one of them will go to a Democrat.
    Yeah for your team. :rolleyes
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

You can be in front of a computer, on a battlefield or in the street protesting . . however your knowledge of right and wrong does not change. What West did was wrong/illegal and he should be in Prison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sEEkErsEEkEr Posts: 2,842 Officer
    Anyone have a map of the new districts? The FL website seems to be the old map....

• dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,795 AG
    We’re seeing how the RINOs want to take their Party back. Romney operatives, with the help of McCain and Dole, are trying to redistrict Allen West out of his seat.

nder a redistricting plan put forth by the GOP-controlled Florida legislature, West could have a hard time winning a second term — a situation that has some conservatives suggesting a conspiracy by establishment Republicans, including GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney. . . . Some are pointing out that House Redistricting Chairman Will Weatherford has been a Romney surrogate and suggesting the former Massachusetts governor wants to be rid of West — and, by extension, the Tea Party. (source)

Romney knows that if he’s elected, West will be a thorn in his side. Better a Democrat than a Republican who speaks his mind.

Read more: Ohio GOP Wants to Shut Out TEA Party http://godfatherpolitics.com/3438/ohio-gop-wants-to-shut-out-tea-party/#ixzz1lFME6bJc
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • Oh, something else. I have had the opportunity to require congressional help while working on stimulus projects for the US Navy. When I called and asked Congressman West's staff for help. I got it, it was professional and tenacious. Then when meeting Allen West on a flight back from DC, not only did he have a full understanding of my problem, but followed thru like I never expected.

No matter what the political party, we actually need more Allen Wests in congress.

Sorry if he hates you lefties president. But trust me, the big guns are working to make sure that mistake is a one term president.

Congressman West, thank you for standing up for the little guy and never give up your beliefs!
    Grady-lady wrote: »
    Noooo....West's district was re-drawn...chaaaanged, as in not exactly the same, as in the boundary lines are different.

So it was changed and he does not have the brass ones to fight . . takes the easy way out.

First-term, Tea Party Republican Allen West will seek re-election in a new district, he announced Tuesday. The move improves West's chances for re-election, since his current, competitive Florida district recently became even more competitive under a newly-drawn political map.

West will run in the new 18th district in South Florida, which is mostly comprised of the current 16th district. Republican Rep. Tom Rooney currently represents the 16th district, but he announced earlier Tuesday that he would seek re-election in the open 17th district rather than the new 18th district.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    So west was mad that they un-gerrymandered his district?
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • You can be in front of a computer, on a battlefield or in the street protesting . . however your knowledge of right and wrong does not change. What West did was wrong/illegal and he should be in Prison.

You probably think those Marines caught peeing on the dead taliban should be in prison also.

Sorry pal, combat is nothing like your world of warcraft games. In combat, you really bleed! You know nothing about what you are saying, and it shows!

Kill them all, let God sort em out!
    It appears that combat shows a mans true colors and can bring a man to stoop to levels of his enemy. Especially when stressed by going to war (unnecessary war) with the "troops you have".
    @Ron . . I severed 4+ years in the US Army, first as a 11C in the 82nd, then attached to a 7th Group Team as a 00B, and I have a ranger tab with white thread, don't even begin to talk to me about combat and bleeding .. I have done more and given more for this country than 99% and have NEVER violated or tortured anyone. West is a coward and yes those marines should be in prison, if for no other reason then they are dumb and should be pulled out of the gene pool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sEEkErsEEkEr Posts: 2,842 Officer
    @Ron . . I severed 4+ years in the US Army, first as a 11C in the 82nd, then attached to a 7th Group Team as a 00B, and I have a ranger tab with white thread, don't even begin to talk to me about combat and bleeding .. I have done more and given more for this country than 99% and have NEVER violated or tortured anyone. West is a coward and yes those marines should be in prison, if for no other reason then they are dumb and should be pulled out of the gene pool.

:thumbsup:applause:USA

• Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,330 AG
    For those interested in his first-person answer --

via his email today to his supporters:

Dear Fellow Patriots,

I write to you today with mixed emotions. As you have probably heard by now, on Tuesday, I announced my decision to seek reelection in the new proposed 18th Congressional District.

It was not an easy decision, and one I reached only after much reflection, prayer and consultation with family, friends and supporters like you.

Representing the people of the 22nd Congressional District has been among the highest honors of my life. I am honored by the trust that voters have placed in me this past year. I am truly humbled by the generosity and support of thousands of Floridians, and Americans, who have knocked doors, made phone calls, and donated their hard-earned dollars to our campaigns over the past four years.

After a career serving my fellow citizens and defending our Constitution, and our God-given rights, from foreign aggression, I returned home and was confronted by the grave extent to which economic liberty and opportunity, gifts that have traditionally been the birthright of every American, were under attack.

From 2008 to 2010, the forces of bigger government, higher taxes, and unsustainable spending were on the march. In just two short years, the results of this failed ideology--crippling debt, record unemployment, and a foreclosure crisis--had become evident in South Florida.

These ills only strengthened my resolve to make a difference and you stood with me just as you did in 2008. Your dedication in 2010 sent me to Capitol Hill to begin turning things around.

Every week, I go to our Nation’s Capital to be your representative in the People’s House – the United States House of Representatives. I go to Capitol Hill to be your voice. I go as a servant to all South Floridians. I am working to protect your life, your liberty and your pursuit of happiness—a pursuit that is solely up to you as a free individual.

I have never wavered from our vision; to work to create jobs, restrain Federal Government spending, reduce America's ever increasing national debt, and provide for a strong national defense to ensure a safer and more prosperous future for our children and grandchildren.

On Election night 2010, I promised: “I am going to fix the problems in Washington, D.C. and then I am coming home.” Unfortunately, a cynical, politicized redistricting process wrought with cronyisms and nefarious in intent, sought to ensure I would not be able to keep that promise.

While I will miss the opportunity to represent all of the people of Florida’s 22nd Congressional District, in the interest of keeping my promise and fixing the problems in our Nation’s Capital, I have decided the best course of action is to run in Florida’s new 18th Congressional District, which covers northern Palm Beach County and all of Martin and St. Lucie Counties.

Regardless of the district lines, I will never forget your help and support. I will never forget all the great Americans I have met on the campaign trail and as your Congressman. This experience has only strengthened my conviction in the goodness of Floridians and the greatness of America. As long as the people of South Florida allow me to serve, I will be South Florida’s Congressman and I will be your Congressional Representative.

You will always be able to turn to me for help, and your voice will continue to be my voice. My voice will continue to be one for the restoration of Constitutional principles for our Republic, and it will continue to resonate throughout Florida and Capitol Hill.

I look forward to continuing to work with you and serve you in the battle ahead.

Steadfast and Loyal,

LTC(R) Allen B. West
    Member of Congress

:USA

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
    west uses girly colored fonts :wink
    :puke

Spin it however he wants .. he is tucking tail and running away. Another career government employee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cyclist wrote: »

Dumbest, weakest and most hapless thing you have ever said here, IMHO.

Pathetic is another appropriate adjective that comes to mind.

:rotflmao :nono :rotflmao

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
    Cyclist wrote: »

:smiley-computer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baits Out wrote: »

Relax Francis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,679 AG

Seriously, that font is the worst. What's wrong with you?
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Seriously, that font is the worst. What's wrong with you?

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/taxonomy.html

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html

• TonySalTonySal Posts: 1,479 Officer
    . I have had the opportunity to require congressional help while working on stimulus projects for the US Navy.

Stimulus Projects for the U.S NavY? You must mean more government spending for our MIC. Our U.S. Navy is larger than the next 13 countries Navy's COMBINED. What a surprise, an ex army officer congressman helping out someone to get more money for the DOD. So I guess when West talks about "cutting spending" he is talking out his ****. But then again, most of us already knew that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"No, if I am wrong, I will honor my bet. When the recounts are done, and Romney concedes, then I am gone. Until then, not a chance" --Grady30wa 11/06/12
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,679 AG
    Vote for the other candidate
  • TonySalTonySal Posts: 1,479 Officer
    For those interested in his first-person answer --

On Election night 2010, I promised: “I am going to fix the problems in Washington, D.C. and then I am coming home.” Unfortunately, a cynical, politicized redistricting process wrought with cronyisms and nefarious in intent, sought to ensure I would not be able to keep that promise.

Steadfast and Loyal,,,,,to myself and no body else

LTC(R) Allen B. West
    Member of Congress

:USA

What HILARIOUS, is that these lines were drawn by REPUBLICANS in the REPUBICAN controlled Fl legislature. Apparently West hates his own, party, not suprisingly since they hate him as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"No, if I am wrong, I will honor my bet. When the recounts are done, and Romney concedes, then I am gone. Until then, not a chance" --Grady30wa 11/06/12