10/29 Dive Report

RootbeerRootbeer Posts: 128 Officer
We had the pleasure to get out and spearfish with some other spearos I met through a spearfishing forum.. It wasn't the weather that was forecasted for yesterday but we did the best with the weather we were given...

Super murky in majority of every spot and the current was ripping and we got caught in a rain storm as we were packing up to leave around 1pm... I thought I saw some 5 to 6 ft waves.. With the nasty weather my husband kept throwing up like crazy but he managed to spear a nice mangrove snapper then threw up in his mask and stayed put on the boat... Out of 5 of us 3 were not feeling so good...

It was good to have Pedro our new spearfishing friend on the boat because he was helping out left and right and super energitic and funny and was fine with the rough conditions Most of the time Pedro had to drive our boat and take care of the anchor because most of the guys were out of it and not feeling good... We called it a day pretty early but each of us managed to shoot or catch something before we left...

Pedro caught a 12 inch hog and his buddie Karl caught 2 lobsters and our friend Papo managed to catch a lobster and shoot his first nice big cero mackeral and my husband caught a nice big snapper and I caught a 10 inch mangrove snapper... All in all everyone caught something and we enjoyed the company and the good laughs together

102911143802.jpg

102911143459.jpg

102911143340.jpg

Replies

• Kaptan KKaptan K Posts: 90 Deckhand
    Being out in those conditions is pretty hard core. I doubt I could have done it! Congrats!
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,844 Captain
    Sounds like a challenging day! I admire your team's energy in going out in that.
  • RootbeerRootbeer Posts: 128 Officer
    thanks guys yeah I really wouldn't have gone but I asked other spearfishing friends that went on Friday and they said it was good and the forecast said 5 to 10 knots for Saturday and it was not 5 to 10 at all... more like 15 or up...
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,844 Captain
    Rootbeer wrote: »
    thanks guys yeah I really wouldn't have gone but I asked other spearfishing friends that went on Friday and they said it was good and the forecast said 5 to 10 knots for Saturday and it was not 5 to 10 at all... more like 15 or up...

sure makes you appreciate some of those really nice days we had in August and September!
  • Kaptan KKaptan K Posts: 90 Deckhand
    sure makes you appreciate some of those really nice days we had in August and September!
    Yep! I miss the "glass" :(
  • RootbeerRootbeer Posts: 128 Officer
    very true Bill :)

I miss the glass too Kaptan...

I really can't stand swimming in the current that keeps pulling me back and fighting it and the waves that crash on top... It tires me out... I lost a fin in a channel from this rough weather as we were driving back rushing to the dock a few weeks ago my husband wasn't feeling good again and usually he puts everything in our spearfishing bag but he rushed and my cressi fin flew out of the boat and went bye bye... So, I have been using huge beachaut fins with foot pocket shoes that hurt until I can find something to buy on craigs list that I will like...