been away for a while

Howdy photo folks. Been away for a while.. lost my log in.. but have been browsing.. there has been some great work posted.. I have been pretty busy with my real job but am still shooting.. I am being featured in the 2012 book of lists a annual journal of the top 100 corporations in the bay area... Also some personal shooting.. mostly scenics..check my site. WWW.jdrushphoto.com..

P.s. happy new year.

Replies

• GuidenetGuidenet Posts: 239 Officer
    Hey pal. Good to see you and the gallery looks great.
    Nikon D800, D3S, D700, D300, Canon G1X, Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR, Nikon 28 f/1.8G AFS, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR, Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 AFS VR, Nikon 35 f/2, Nikon 50 f/1.8 G, Nikon 60 f/2.8 G Micro, Nikon 85 f/1.4 AFS G, Nikon 105 f/2.5 AI, Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro, Nikon 300 f/2.8 AFS VR, Nikon 500 f/4 -P, Interfit Stellar X complete six light studio
  • JDR aka BlueJDR aka Blue Posts: 43 Deckhand
    thanks Guide.. I purchased a Tamron 10-22 didn't want to empty the wallet on a lens I wasn't sure I was going to use a lot.. seems I'm stuck in wide angle mode.. Its a decent lense.. not tack sharp like a Nikon or Canon pro lens but does the trick for the price..
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    John...
    nice images...all of them...
    if they were shot with the tamron...looks good to me...
    i have been shooting more on the wide side lately but all i have is the tamron 17-50 f2.8 which i love...
    but for some of the things i'm trying to accomplish i need something wider and don't have the funds for a piece of "L" glass...
    are you satisfied with the tamron???

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Thanks Mac, For the price yes... Focal speeds are slower but I shoot mainly scenic shots so not much of any issue.. I'd have to use a high end lens to be able to give a fair assessment. I am having fun with it though..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Journal feature.. book of lists.. an annual journal of the top 100 businesses in the Tampa Bay area.

• Cat n Tat's DuskyCat n Tat's Dusky Posts: 35 Deckhand
    Hey JD!!

The Gallery is amazing. The shot of the little guy on the beach on page 5 I think it was, is simply remarkable.
    Thank you.. sincerely! The lil guy.. is my son on his 1st beach day. It is funny you mention that image.. that was just a proud poppa shot however ironically got the ball rolling and me shoot professionally again after a 15 year hiatus.