Need recomendations. A drywall guy and a credit card processing company

I know, a bit different.

Have one room we are making changes to and it needs drywall. Not a big job but needs to be done.

Second, looking for a reasonable and reliable credit card processing company. Any you like?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

  • madashellmadashell Posts: 816 Officer
    Tim, I would talk to SZ or C&H to start with, and see who they use and what kind of experience they have. Or, maybe try to talk to a business that mirrors your projected usage and get some feed back. Call Tommy at Avid angler too.
    I will hit the lottery...I will hit the lottery :crossed
  • Cruzan1Cruzan1 Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Talk to the business accounts manager at your bank and ask which company they would reccomend. Some of the major banks even have independant systems for processing, chase payment tech etc.
    Redemption
    St. Augustine, FL
    twitter - @cruzan1 " to follow the nonsense"
  • troutdigglertroutdiggler Posts: 392 Deckhand
    Ludwig drywall, he'll do some small stuff.
    626-5242 wade is his name. He does all of our drywall. Tell him Donny sent ya
    Trout



  • Strike IIIStrike III Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    I've been using North American Bancard for the last few months. Not much better or worse than the other companies.....they all nickel and dime you to death.
  • PhinaticalPhinatical Posts: 864 Officer
    Go to ClarkHoward.com and see which ones he recommends.
  • CEE-STUDCEE-STUD Posts: 108 Officer
    We typically stick to larger commercial work but if you don't find someone, let me know. We could do it for you or we have some guys that would love to do it as a side job for you.
    "Life is like a metal stud wall. Once you've laid your track, it's just one stud at a time. Until you're hung and finished."
  • Jagsare1Jagsare1 Posts: 211 Deckhand
    Phinatical wrote: »
    Go to ClarkHoward.com and see which ones he recommends.

    Good idea. I looked all over his site and cannot find a recommendation. I am going to keep looking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jagsare1Jagsare1 Posts: 211 Deckhand
    Ludwig drywall, he'll do some small stuff.
    626-5242 wade is his name. He does all of our drywall. Tell him Donny sent ya

    I will give him a call. Had 2 people lined up to do it and neither showed up or ever returned a call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jagsare1Jagsare1 Posts: 211 Deckhand
    CEE-STUD wrote: »
    We typically stick to larger commercial work but if you don't find someone, let me know. We could do it for you or we have some guys that would love to do it as a side job for you.

    This is just one room. This would be good for someone looking for a side job and I will help be a gopher. I am going to have it ready to go but I am not a good mud guy. Thanks for the response!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jagsare1Jagsare1 Posts: 211 Deckhand
    I just switched banks and tried to see what they could offer. It comes from a third party and it took them a week to return my call, unacceptable to me. Heck, if it takes them a week to return a call to someone who says they are ready to sign up, they will never call when I need help.

    Thanks for the help and suggestions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anonymous3Anonymous3 Posts: 5,987 Officer
    I used to use intuit through quick books.
  • Jagsare1Jagsare1 Posts: 211 Deckhand
    I'll look into it. If possible, I would like to use someone local if I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PhinaticalPhinatical Posts: 864 Officer
    Jagsare1 wrote: »
    Good idea. I looked all over his site and cannot find a recommendation. I am going to keep looking.
    I didn't read through these topics but maybe you did. Seems to be a lot of info when I searched: http://www.clarkhoward.com/query/?cx=014368166379998286206%3A-7q-kycmcak&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=credit+card+processing&sa=Search&siteurl=www.clarkhoward.com%2F#1032

    And have you checked out something simple like this that he also recommends? https://squareup.com/

    I'm thinking about SquareUp for my next business venture so customer can use CC's.

    Here's some reviews on mobile CC processors: http://credit-card-processing-review.toptenreviews.com/mobile-credit-card-processing/
  • 2Grubby2Grubby Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    I use a local guy---Nick, telephone 262-0061, P.O.S. Solutions
    "Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe."
  • tdavenporttdavenport Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    For your credit card need call Joe Hall at 472-8334 he owns a local credit card processing company, checkout his service and rates. For your drywall, if you want a class four finish, I can help you out, we do alot of small job and my finish guy likes to work on weekends. Tony D. 591-1210. Team Relentless / Retired
  • Jagsare1Jagsare1 Posts: 211 Deckhand
    Phinatical wrote: »
    I didn't read through these topics but maybe you did. Seems to be a lot of info when I searched: http://www.clarkhoward.com/query/?cx=014368166379998286206%3A-7q-kycmcak&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=credit+card+processing&sa=Search&siteurl=www.clarkhoward.com%2F#1032

    And have you checked out something simple like this that he also recommends? https://squareup.com/

    I'm thinking about SquareUp for my next business venture so customer can use CC's.

    Here's some reviews on mobile CC processors: http://credit-card-processing-review.toptenreviews.com/mobile-credit-card-processing/

    Just looked at Sq 1. Wow, pretty expensive. Going rate seems to be from approx 1.8% to 2.2%. But, I need to be able to run the cards through the computer, don't need a terminal or mobile reader and it looks like they don't offer that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • watteverwattever Posts: 153 Officer
    Jagsare1 wrote: »
    Just looked at Sq 1. Wow, pretty expensive. Going rate seems to be from approx 1.8% to 2.2%. But, I need to be able to run the cards through the computer, don't need a terminal or mobile reader and it looks like they don't offer that.
    Tim as others have said they use the credit card processing thru quick books that is what we do also I don't know what book keeping program you are using but quick books has given us great service and the credit card processing seems to have no problems thus far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jagsare1Jagsare1 Posts: 211 Deckhand
    I'm using QuickBooks. I will check that out. I just have to do it thru the computer, no need for mobile or a terminal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • watteverwattever Posts: 153 Officer
    Thats how we do it Tim you can print receipts,e-mail them and best part is all transactions post automatic in quick books
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PhinaticalPhinatical Posts: 864 Officer
    Jagsare1 wrote: »
    Just looked at Sq 1. Wow, pretty expensive. Going rate seems to be from approx 1.8% to 2.2%. But, I need to be able to run the cards through the computer, don't need a terminal or mobile reader and it looks like they don't offer that.

    Yes, 2.75% is on the high end of the transactional fees but no other fees and its mobile so it works out for me. No fee for the device either.
  • pilingjunkypilingjunky Posts: 2,044 Officer
    Paypal. You can create an invoice. Email it to them. They click the pay button. Done. Gets into the paypal account immediately then you "withdraw" it to your bank. They say 3 to 4 business days to hit but it's usually 2. I like it.
Sign In or Register to comment.