Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Awesome Experience on Reel Time with Florida Sportsman

Over the past two weeks I have experienced some absolutely incredible fishing trips in Flamingo with new friends and family members. Last Friday, I got the chance to fish with Captain George Gozdz of Reel Time with Florida Sportsman after my report from the South region was selected for the show. It was his first trip to the Glades and I think it will be one that he will never forget. After meeting at my go to tackle shop Don’s Bait and Tackle, we made our way into the park as the sun began to rise. We stopped at a couple places on the way in and I truly believe that George and Cavin would have been satisfied with the sheer beauty of the park itself, forget the incredible fishing that was awaiting us.
Mother Nature threw us a curveball and water temperatures were at the lowest they have been all year. This actually ended up playing to our advantage by grouping the game fish into a honey hole that sported some of the deepest and more importantly warmest waters in The Glades. We arrived at our first spot and the action was non stop on some of the most elusive and my personal favorite game fish that Flamingo has to offer. We caught them on everything from live shrimp, GULP! soft plastics and even these monster freshwater looking crank baits. Even I was impressed on the intensity of the bite and size of the species we were catching.
After catching at least 20 quality fish the cameraman was ready to call it a day but we decided to move to another area to focus on our inshore slam. Luckily, we eluded the curse of leaving fish to find fish and we had our slam within 15 minutes of moving and we were some happy anglers. This day was all I hoped it would be and not only did I get the opportunity to create and co-host an epic episode of Reel Time with Florida Sportsman, but I got the privilege of showing what the amazing South region has to offer to new friends as well as The Florida Sportsman community.Not only was it a great experience I also got a prize pack with an awesome Penn rod and reel, new Maui Jim polarized glasses gift certficates and a new tackle bag full of goodies. I really encourage everybody to get creative and post some good reports and if George calls you better do your homework, because this episode is going to be tough to top! The episode is due to release tomorrow so everyone pay close attention to the page www.FloridaSportsman.com/RTFS for photo galleries and new episodes every week.

Replies