Home Photography Corner

News Years Eve BIF and a couple of others.

Had a chance to out into the Northeastern Everglades this morning. I have fun, of course in the peace away from the holiday insanity. The Osprey was very curious, circling and circling letting me get a bunch of frames. The GBH's are in full breeding attack and nest building. Also, on B/W for Tim, or whomever said they like and do a lot of B/W.

D7K, Nikon 300 f4, processed in PS5/Topaz.

16iMol.jpg
tT64wl.jpg
nXQfbl.jpg
DXUXSl.jpg
XN7MPl.jpg
xFdfCl.jpg

Replies

• Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,906 Admiral
    Excellent shots

though a little bigger wouldn't hurt ;)
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • Bruce LBBruce LB Posts: 3,604 Captain
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Craig...
    very nicely done.....
    Craig T. should feel you breathing down his back...lol....
    our great blues won't start nesting for a couple of more months as will the ospreys and owls....

my bride and i continued our tradition of spending new years eve on an an island....
    so we went to horn (which is the crown jewel of our barrier islands)....
    had to navigate 10nm in fog with maybe 100 yards of visibility...
    while we were beach combing one of the rangers that live on the island stopped to talk...we were the only humans on the island...
    She told us a section of the island had been closed for eagle nesting...we get a free pass that no one else will get...can't wait...
    Had a chance to out into the Northeastern Everglades this morning. I have fun, of course in the peace away from the holiday insanity. The Osprey was very curious, circling and circling letting me get a bunch of frames. The GBH's are in full breeding attack and nest building. Also, on B/W for Tim, or whomever said they like and do a lot of B/W.

I like the B&W but it needs "something" to make it pop....
    i've had a little project going shooting egrets in B&W trying to get that zing....
    i'm close, may have to resort to nik silver to get 'er done....

happy new year and thanks for the image.....

tim

xFdfCl.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Craig....
    Nice images....Craig T. is going to have to raise the bar...lol
    I like the B&W but it needs something to make it zing...
    i've been working on a project shooting egrets for B&W....
    not there yet...may have to resort to nik silver....

16iMol.jpg
    [\xFdfCl.jpg

my bride and i continued our tradition of spending new years eve on an an island....
    so we went to horn (which is the crown jewel of our barrier islands)....
    had to navigate 10nm in fog with maybe 100 yards of visibility...
    while we were beach combing one of the rangers that live on the island stopped to talk...we were the only humans on the island...
    She told us a section of the island had been closed for eagle nesting...we get a free pass that no one else will get...can't wait...

happy new year....from the north gulf coast...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • GuidenetGuidenet Posts: 239 Officer
    Craig....
    Nice images....Craig T. is going to have to raise the bar...lol
    tim

Say WHAT?

egret_bc-swamp-1-1-12.jpg

Listen here. Craig T. doesn't need to raise any bars. It's us that makes the picture, not either of the two Craigs, and we're not about to raise any bars just for you guys. PFFFTTTT.

Yapping_egret.jpg

We're gonna put some of this on Tim's mirror if he keeps talking like that.

mockingbird_1-1-11.jpg
    Nikon D800, D3S, D700, D300, Canon G1X, Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR, Nikon 28 f/1.8G AFS, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR, Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 AFS VR, Nikon 35 f/2, Nikon 50 f/1.8 G, Nikon 60 f/2.8 G Micro, Nikon 85 f/1.4 AFS G, Nikon 105 f/2.5 AI, Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro, Nikon 300 f/2.8 AFS VR, Nikon 500 f/4 -P, Interfit Stellar X complete six light studio
    as i said.....
    and the images prove it....

phhhhtttttt........

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,906 Admiral
    Having space between the images helps a lot too.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
    Hey Guys. I didn't type that stuff. The **** birds just don't have any humility whatsoever. In their opinion, it's not the camera nor the photographer, but the subject. Crazy.

Tim, that **** Mockingbird messed up my side mirror. Watch out for him.

All kidding aside. I love anyone's bird shots and don't think I'm better than anyone. I just am passionate about that particular genre. I'm glad the other Craig is doing it too. That just means another possible brother to go bird shooting with and the same back. I'd love to go to his spots with him.

One good thing you can see is that we're both of the same first name which is famous in the art and photographic world. You've probably heard of Craig Adams and Craig Rembrandt. Then there was Giuseppe Fortunino Francesco Craigillo Verdi, the famous Italian Opera creator. We also can never forget Giacomo Antonio Domenico Michele Secondo Craigio Maria Puccini not to mention Igor Craigavich Stravinsky (Игорь Фrдigович Стравинский). And, it goes on and on.

So the Craigs come from a long line of artists across the board. Waterengineer and I are just adding Bird Photography to the mix. We might add beatles next. Who knows?
    Nikon D800, D3S, D700, D300, Canon G1X, Sigma 15 f/2.8 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR, Nikon 28 f/1.8G AFS, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AFD, Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR, Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 AFS VR, Nikon 35 f/2, Nikon 50 f/1.8 G, Nikon 60 f/2.8 G Micro, Nikon 85 f/1.4 AFS G, Nikon 105 f/2.5 AI, Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro, Nikon 300 f/2.8 AFS VR, Nikon 500 f/4 -P, Interfit Stellar X complete six light studio
    All...
    i kind of hate to do this, but i haven't been shooting or post processing what i shoot (and i need to, sold everything in the gallery)...
    so some oldies...

IMG_0660Cx2.jpg

IMG_7781C.jpg

IMG_1780C-1.jpg

I forgot this one...
    IMG_3783C.jpg

so much for now....

happy new year everyone....

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Geeze. I love those Skimmers. Reallly great.