Home Off Topic

2011 Thankful for???

fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
2011 was a better year for me and mine.
-health has improved. (this time 3 yrs ago I could hardly walk or stand due to accident)
-lost over 70 lbs since Jan of 2011.
-sold the dairy portion of the farm and took a heavy burden from my shoulders and made a handsome profit
-parents and family are healthy and well
-best crops and crop prices I have ever produced
-beef prices are great and looking like they will continue to be so
-caught several fish and had a good time doing so
-kids are doing great in school and in life.
-I am blessed with a wonderful and supportive wife

Happy New Year!! I hope the next year produces great blessings for all of us!!!

in addition.... I would like to thank FS forum and you folks for the entertainment you produce for all of us by simply sharing your life,, humor and knowledge on this site. Even Gary...
ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
"Today is MINE"

Replies

• MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    I'm thankful for the heart tazer I had to have intalled this year.

I like Gary too,
  • hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer
    I am thankful everyone likes me!
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    Not much!

hebegb likes you.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    I'm thankful for a great job, healthy family and pray the potential issue with our yet to be born is a false alarm.
    401391_301718699871123_197637173612610_800584_41971509_n.jpg
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    Oh krap.....me too!
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,922 Admiral
    Thankful for being healthy, wealthy and wise. Or a reasonable semblance of...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral
    Thankful for...

My wife
    My family
    My health
    My dogs
    and living in an awesome state with so much crazy cool stuff to see.

:beer

Oh, and the icon above reminded me... thankful for beer too.
    "Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" - Buddy McCoy :hail
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,382 Captain
    Had a safe, healthy year.
    Wifes health has been good
    daughter finished her schooling and passed her boards with a score of 91
    Son graduated HS and is now going to diesel tech school and doing well, enjoys it (Texas sucks)
    Business was UP 68.8 %

Other family members are all well, healthy
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • I'm thankful I'm not as hung over as i thought I'd be.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • I am thankful for no more child support. 2012 means a new boat :-)
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    Im thankful that miserable year is over.
    You know you guys were thinking it too
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Captain
    More blessings than I can count. Except for the health issue facing my lovely bride, and she is lovely, my problems are few. I have more than I ever imagined I would and would probably do well to rid myself of half of it. Good job, working with good people, making a positive difference to those we serve. I am truly blessed.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    thankful that we have our good home
    both still have jobs
    kids can still eat well and go to school

just the simple things
  • T TopT Top Posts: 3,706 Captain
    that 2011 is in my rear view.
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    Health.
    Of my family, myself and our remaining families. Almost lost my dad this spring, her mom this fall. All are doing well now and everything is under control.
    I lost 35 lbs and aim to take another 20 off this year.

My son.

He has turned into a fine young man. His new school suits his learning style much better and he is exceling in most subjects. His assocation with Boy Scouting has provided he and I a great amount of time together (I'm an assistant Scoutmaster) doing many of things we have raised him to love. He is a good shot and confident when handling firearms, always safe and becoming quite handsome.
    Business was up and down again fairly steady good work, but no large projects. Until there is more lending I'm afraid it will continue to be like this. The rentals are fine, some getting old, but not in need of remodel. My high risk investments did very well this year with the stock market instability.
    My wife continues in her outdoor recreation career, teaching skiing in the winter and aquatics director at a Scout Camp in the summer. We managed some great travel, and had some killer vacation activities.

So, we're still OK.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • BobDBobD Posts: 1,969 Captain
    Thankful for my beautiful GF and all the loving & supportive friends & family around us. I'm also thankful for my new hip which has enabled me to work & play without any meds. Life is good.
    Build your dream or someone will hire you to build theirs.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Picture of GF or it didn't happen
    His assocation with Boy Scouting has provided he and I a great amount of time together (I'm an assistant Scoutmaster) doing many of things we have raised him to love.

If a young man will give Boy Scouts a chance, nothing but good comes from it. Encourage him to stick with it and earn his Eagle. Once and Eagle, always an Eagle. Both my boys earned theirs and they have already realized the benefit of doing so. When he gets there, if he needs a good Eagle project, let me know.
  • flatsjunkie88flatsjunkie88 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    My lovely Gf ( I have posted enough pics already ). Many fish caught this past year. Finally, my GF and I found our house and are shooting to move in Feb 1st.
  • JesseJamesJesseJames Posts: 2,408 Captain
    c6e4eb7a-e6e5-aedc.jpg
    Tanner is growing up to be a smart, courteous and kind little man. He's looking forward to spending more time in the woods and water with his old man.

c6e4eb7a-e826-4b8c.jpg
    Chase is growing like a weed. A very chubby little weed and already has a great personality...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    copoutfishing.com
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,079 Admiral
    Thankful for the family and a good job!!!
  • bababouybababouy Posts: 560 Officer
    thankful for my laptop so that i can read what everybody else is thankful for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Night Hawk Monitoring
  • Ramblin' ReckRamblin' Reck Posts: 2,701 Officer
    Glad to still have my best friend, Sammy. Our birthdays are one week apart (his 1/04, mine 1/11). We shot the squirrels, and the ducks, and the quail at an early age. Brillo is still with us. Best fisherman ever!!!

Sammy and I always talk on our birthday week. His sayin' is, that we will take every one we can get! We've all caught trouts together. We lost our bud Harve this past year. Hit us hard.

Lookin' forward to '12. Sammy don't talk much. Brillo can't shut the trap!!!

Here's Harve on our last trip. He's in the prime seat just out of Tybee Island chunking a live skrimp up against an oyster bar aboard the "Keeper".

harve

Sayin... :driver
    AuthorHouse.com

Walk.gif
  • DeadweightDeadweight Posts: 681 Officer
    Does it make me shallow and materialistic if I say I'm thankful for the G. Loomis rod and Abu Revo Premier reel I found laying on the bank at a lake I was fishing yesterday morning? :angel
    Deadweight wrote: »
    Does it make me shallow and materialistic if I say I'm thankful for the G. Loomis rod and Abu Revo Premier reel I found laying on the bank at a lake I was fishing yesterday morning? :angel

like the gene pool in Milton Fl
  • DeadweightDeadweight Posts: 681 Officer
    hebegb wrote: »
    like the gene pool in Milton Fl

I think I've been through Milton, but don't know anything about the gene pool there. I am, however, from northeast Alabama, so I'm quite familiar with the concept!
    Here's Harve on our last trip.

Where's Harve?