Home Off Topic

Anyone here have a Yurich extended warranty on their vehicle?

CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
any good? My mother had an extended warranty through Lincoln on her Town Car years ago and it didn't cover anything that went wrong such as water in the doors, chrome peeling from the wheels making the tires go flat to mirror glass falling off.
I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
"“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "

Replies

• GJBenn85GJBenn85 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    Want one for the Escalade? Thought GMs were so trouble free? :grin
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    GJBenn85 wrote: »
    Want one for the Escalade? Thought GMs were so trouble free? :grin

It's a bet ain't it. It's my wife's and I like her to have stuff under warranty, it's got another 48k miles left on the powertrain. Her prior truck only needed the steering shaft greased during the warranty period.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • GJBenn85GJBenn85 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    CaptTater wrote: »
    It's a bet ain't it. It's my wife's and I like her to have stuff under warranty, it's got another 48k miles left on the powertrain. Her prior truck only needed the steering shaft greased during the warranty period.

Yup. I've never purchased an extended warranty, generally base it on how the car is during the factory warranty. From what I hear, the "good" extended warranties are very expensive...I recall the one for my two Infinitis being $3,500 or so to match the coverage of the factory warranty.

My parents have purchased a few. Paid off greatly on a Dodge truck whereas they were a complete waste on the other cars (Japanese models).
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,079 Admiral
    Get the one from GM that covers pretty much everything.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Dave Ramsey says not to buy one
  • jj lynnjj lynn Posts: 632 Officer

:huh
    When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous
    by letting the American Government
    take care of him;
    better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    read the agreement carefully! I read one from Toyota and it sure seemed they had a lot of outs for not covering something. Things like "If it is determined that there is excessive wear" or "appears to have been caused by improper use". Lots of wording that made it seem easy for them to reject a payment.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    pupraiser wrote: »
    read the agreement carefully! I read one from Toyota and it sure seemed they had a lot of outs for not covering something. Things like "If it is determined that there is excessive wear" or "appears to have been caused by improper use". Lots of wording that made it seem easy for them to reject a payment.

Good advice Pup
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    Good advice Pup

Thank you Joey.
    jj lynn wrote: »
    :huh
    Yep, all 3 of the "domestic" truck mfgs were having popping sounds in the steering. Where these two shafts slide together binds if not lubed.
    gmtc_shaft_shaft1.jpg

My reason for having one on this truck is there are so many **** bells and whistles. I will determine if they're covered though. Previously I was always concerned about the 4x4 system crapping out but with 500k miles on GM 4x4s I never had an issue other than the cheap little easy to replace actuators. This truck is 2wheel so that's not an issue but according to the CarFax the **** seals were replaced a few months ago.
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    but according to the CarFax the **** seals were replaced a few months ago.

And you STILL bought it? :facepalm
    got ants? wrote: »
    And you STILL bought it? :facepalm
    Er, Should I have bought one that the seals were not replaced in? The only reason not to would be if it were listed as a common failure item.
  • RRRRRR Posts: 8,218 Officer
    I do not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Er, Should I have bought one that the seals were not replaced in? The only reason not to would be if it were listed as a common failure item.

Were you trying to say the opposite of that? The reason is it is listed as a common failure item.
    I don't know. If it were a common failure item on the truck and an expensive repair I probably wouldn't buy the truck.
  • hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer
    Extended warranties are nothing but profit centers. everything is excluded, you will see
  • bigironbigiron Posts: 543 Officer
    hebegb wrote: »
    Extended warranties are nothing but profit centers. everything is excluded, you will see

They cover everything except that which is not covered. Have a coworker that paid for the "extended warranty" and everything so far has not been covered except the items that are covered, but they are mostly not covered....seems that nothing is covered except covered items.
  • spinfreakspinfreak Posts: 5,204 Admiral
    hebegb wrote: »

Ditto. Biggest crock of chat ever, whether it's for a car or a microwave oven.
    Exiled Dungeon Master of The Freakshow :cool:
    YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! Seriously. Do it for yourself and loved ones. You have issues
    I've sold them for 20 years and they are profit centers because labor costs negotiated for them are low and they pay low cost for parts. Just like insurance it's expensive until you need it. There is a broken arm rest and I suspect it won't be covered. If not I'll cancel before I pay a dime. Most mechanical stuff I can fix and it's still a 100k power train warranty.
    I bought one on my $2000 Humminbird side image sonar and the first time the GPS went out I was break even and when the transducer went out I was $300 ahead. I don't get it on 95% of stuff.
    Another place they are good is at radio shack on kids headphones. They last a month and you get new ones for 2yrs.
  • bigironbigiron Posts: 543 Officer
    any good? My mother had an extended warranty through Lincoln on her Town Car years ago and it didn't cover anything that went wrong such as water in the doors, chrome peeling from the wheels making the tires go flat to mirror glass falling off.

Not worth the $$$. Buy a factory service manual and pay yourself.