Skip to main content
Home Conservation Front

I try and see things, I've seen things

FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,314 Captain
The handwriting has been on the wall, and I take solace in that.
Throughout the history of this country when "sportsmen" and commercial interests have done battle the sportsman has stopped the commercial interests.
First it was land animals, then birds, and then freshwater gamefish.... Soon it will be saltwater gamefish and spiney lobster.
While money is quick, the public vote is strong.

Commercial interests were tolerated when they **** and pillaged an inaccesible source. The PUBLIC now wants its fair share of a resource it has gained access to.
Commercial interests will need to find other deeper, further offshore resources to plunder...or actually work to create something... Fish farming isn't that bad..but it is work..steady work.

Replies

• chicochico Punta Gorda Posts: 563 Officer
    I wish I could see things your way. The way I see it, that was then, this is now. Now, more than ever, MONEY talks. Almost all the regulatory agencies and commitees, etc are "stacked" with "agents" for the commercial interests. On the other side are the well funded enviros of the PEW column that want to end all fishing. We recs are lost in the mix and make an easy target for both factions. I am afraid that if the commercial fishermen are the target, we will become the collateral damage as well as the small mom and pop commercial fishing families.
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,314 Captain
    There is only one thing at the root of all of this and that is our VOTE (and the vote of our friends). And while money does influence government officials, Voters scare em. If we (the segment of recreational anglers) bother to find out who is appointing who into the positions that deny Recreational anglers from a resource that is theirs by the fact that they are USA Citizens and then gather your friends to vote them out then it will be foolproof to get the Commercial interests out of OUR waters.
    Just as was done in all other outdoor arenas where citizens opposed commercial interests.

Actually the real cool thing is that the good ol boy commercial guys are getting squeezed out by the Big Money interests. And it is hilarious because the BIG money commercial guys are doing to them what was done by the Good ol commercial guys to the recreational anglers. The Big Money is BUYING the rights to take a resource they have no right to...just like the good ol boys used to do.
    So when the recreational Fisherman groups have to take on the Commercial interests the public won't be fooled into thinking that The good ol boy Commercial guys are going to be out of work. It will be us against money grubbers. Not that the good ol boys aren't just as bad and often even bigger liars than the Big Money Interests.

But what we have to do is find out who is appointing people that are for continuing the commercial destruction of a recreational resource, and denying ALL United States citizens their rights.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,743 AG
    Frizbee, you are as full of shizz as a Christmas goose. I take solace in the fact that the folks that make the rules never take yahoo's like you seriously:rotflmao.

Have a blessed day!
    Art
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    The People like me are more'n happy to get people to vote those people on the committee OUT.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,797 Captain
    Frisbee wrote: »
    The People like me are more'n happy to get people to vote those people on the committee OUT.

Yep, and I am like you.
    I work in the public sector, mainly with the more mature demographic. While working with em we discuss everything..incuding politics. It won't be difficult at all to give them the logic of why we all should have an equal opportunuity to harvest from the public domain. And who needs to be voted for...and against.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,743 AG
    Frisbee wrote: »
    I work in the public sector, mainly with the more mature demographic.
    Depends changer at a state or federally subsidised geriatric center?:rotflmao
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    Dudn't matter, they vote early and often.