CHRISTmas

Merry CHRISTmas Northwest.
I wish everyone the Merriest and Blessed day. As you enjoy the day remember Who it's all about.
The Forgotten Coast

PICT0143-1.jpg

Replies

• wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Merry Christmas everyone. Christ our Savior is born!
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • Sopchoppy RedneckSopchoppy Redneck Posts: 1,421 Officer
    Merry Christmas to all!
    YouDontLikeMe.jpg
  • KnuckleheadKnucklehead Posts: 1,418 Officer
    Christ was most likely born late Sept, but the RCC used Dec 25 to coincide with Winter Solstice, which was actually the 21st, but the 25th was the day that they could tell a noticeable difference in day length. But we celebrate his arrival on this day.
    Don-Knotts-don-knotts-22921303-197-200.jpg
  • Tide-DancerTide-Dancer Posts: 1,347 Officer
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,979 AG
    Merry Christmas to all of you!!! Please count your blessing and give thanks for what you have.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • DukesFinDukesFin Posts: 585 Officer
    Merry Christmas everyone... I'm most thankful for the health of Santa's Little Helper:
    SantasHelper.jpg

Have a blessed day!
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    DukesFin wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone... I'm most thankful for the health of Santa's Little Helper:

Have a blessed day!

Makes Christmas all that more special, doesn't it Duke?
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • StonewallStonewall Posts: 848 Officer
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Can't never did try!
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain

I couldn't agree more! I must say I thoroughly enjoyed Mason's first Christmas! Almost made me feel like a kid again. He's 7 months and a week.

DSC_0231.jpg
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,315 Officer
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    Merry Christmas to all. Hope y'all have a wonderful day.

There is a reason for the season even through we appear to be several months late.:)

You're right. The Christian faith was one of strong recruitment and converted alot of Pagans. and the converts were good lil christians, similar to 99.999% of the ones today. They would tell you they were christian but if there was a good raunchy party to go to, well christianity is all about sinning and asking for forgiveness later. So the converts would go to the Pagan party celebrating the lengthening of the period of sunlight each day and the return of good to the world, and the evergreen's promise that Spring would return....alot of drinking and a gay ol time. The Christian Church couldn't hold a candle to it...so in order to keep the boys back on the farms they moved the birthdate of Christ to make it so the converts had to choose between Christ's Birthday, or a Pagan party. Most denent intelligent Preachers will acknowldge this if you ask them, others will keep their flock in the dark. Think about it....evergreen trees with lights on them? Yule Logs? Hot buttered rum? Mistletoe? SNOW.
    Same thing done to Easter...what does a Bunny delivering colored eggs have to do with Christ being tortured and killed?
  • DukesFinDukesFin Posts: 585 Officer
    omegafoo wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more! I must say I thoroughly enjoyed Mason's first Christmas! Almost made me feel like a kid again. He's 7 months and a week.

What an AWESOME picture!!!! Just as cute as could be!
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    What an AWESOME picture!!!! Just as cute as could be!

You and Foo are super blessed!!!
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...