Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

NASCAR on today

KemperGuyKemperGuy MissouriPosts: 711 Officer
I encourage everyone to watch and enjoy. It's different than it use to be, but what isn't. Doesn't mean it isn't as good. 

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 22,665 Moderator
    edited August 7 #2
    Seldom miss a race and attend several every year. 

Going to be an interesting race. Interesting track, first time the new car has been here. 

They'll go 5 wide on some sections. 

Raining like a cow whizzing on a flat rock. 

5, 4 , 3, 2, 1...........Someone hasn't  jumped onboard and told us how much NASCAR sucks yet?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 4,370 Captain
    Interesting how many children are at these races, and appear to be enjoying themselves. 
    As the crowds return after covid, I've noticed more kids this year.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• KemperGuyKemperGuy MissouriPosts: 711 Officer
    Getting the track dry and looks like Dale jr in the booth. He does a good job. 
    Seldom miss a race and attend several every year. 

Going to be an interesting race. Interesting track, first time the new car has been here. 

They'll go 5 wide on some sections. 

Raining like a cow whizzing on a flat rock. 

5, 4 , 3, 2, 1...........Someone hasn't  jumped onboard and told us how much NASCAR sucks yet?
    This new car can handle more abuse and some drivers have been pushing that. Perhaps a little too far for some. 
  • GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 15,655 AG
    edited August 7 #7
    It's a new car for rookies and vets.  Makes it interesting. 

5,4,3,2,1............Someone hasn't jumped onboard and told us how much Bubba sucks yet?
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 7,688 Admiral
    Is NASCAR still a thing?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    I AM NOT A RACIST
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 12,981 AG
    Rain delay
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 4,840 Captain
    Are self driving cars considered cheating?

"Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
    That's pretty cool.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Harvick was due. Bubba ran good . The infield was sold out for the first time since 2012 and I believe the stands were also. Good race. 
  • mrblugilmrblugil Posts: 924 Officer
    Stands half MT
    KemperGuy said:
    Harvick was due. Bubba ran good . The infield was sold out for the first time since 2012 and I believe the stands were also. Good race. 
    It was a good race. Infield was packed and the stands had a much better crowd than the last several years.

I hated to see Harvick win as he was a new winner and that puts the 45 car in jeopardy. I don't need any new winners or Kurt is out. 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

I've just been watching then run this year. I need to root for someone ,but I have several I've favoring. 
    Kurt's been my guy since he came into Cup but I pull for Chase Elliot also. I like Tyler Riddick too.

The wife likes Harvick (Heaven only knows why.) and Chase too. 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 4,370 Captain
    Still a thing? NASCAR may not appeal to a lot of folks as they have a prayer, the National Anthem before the race starts and a strong patriotic theme with pronounced family ties. 
    I really like the technology involved and how things learned in the sport transfer into other automotive fields. 
    It may be rooted in the south, but has and is embracing many other regions and ethnicities in our great country.  It is changing gradually and for the better. Just my opinion though…
    No other sport does America like NASCAR.

If you're at a live race during the opening ceremonies and you don't get a little choked up, you've got something wrong with you. 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Jimmy broke Kurt's nose.   The Good Ole Days!!!

Robby Gordon shared a great picture from 2003 after the Jimmy SpencerKurt Busch  fight  rNASCAR
    And Jimmy still hates Kurt.  :)

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)