Skip to main content
Home General Paddle Craft

Sanibel

krashkrash Posts: 828 Officer
Off for a little family r&rR, meeting the son and grandkids for a few days. No boat or kayak, but I will be walking the beach every morning at sunrise, fighting off the skeeters and no-seeUms... casting the shore lines for some Snook action.
Old Fugger who just likes to fish

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 4,085 Captain
  • krashkrash Posts: 828 Officer
    edited August 2 #3
    Thx, been a little slow, cayght a few small snook,been very windy..
    My son caught a nice one yesterday morning...

Its funny to see people around on the beach when you pull something like that in where they swim, and funnier to see to ones who don;t understand when you just release it.

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 4,085 Captain
    Nice looking Snook!  Looks like fun fishing!
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,724 Captain
    Perfect place for dawn snooking - particularly for someone with a fly rod...or other light gear since the fish are very close to the sand... 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    We, my son and I are both spinning tackle fisher's.. and the shore line is great fishing.
    It was very windy most days, there was a guy with a fly rod, but he was not having much luck.

Lots of turtle nest on the beach, but did not see any hatches.. it;s all Loggerheads on that beach. read an article that the same turtles com back every other year to the same beach and sometimes return up ft 5 times to lay eggs in a year.

• GavGav Ft MyersPosts: 12 Deckhand
    I usually see the snook cruising the trench a couple of feet from the shoeline
    Gav said:
    I usually see the snook cruising the trench a couple of feet from the shoeline
    Yes that generally the case, but I was catching small 18-22" Snooklets in the wash, that bigh girl my son got about 30' off the shoreline.
    With the wind the water was very dirty and the waves wee pounding the shoreline, it was very hard to keep a jerk-bait or paddle tain, even with 3/16oz weight off the beach.