Skip to main content
Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Helen Cooper Floyd Park “Little Jetties”

The COJ web site says Helen Cooper Floyd Park is temporarily closed due to the work rebuilding the little jetties. Anyone know if the park is still closed? Got a few people that I want to fish the river from the bank and that’d be a good spot. 

Replies

• Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 2,083 Captain
    It's closed. It's not really a park, and had to be closed because of the homeless population living out there.
  • chronicbreakchronicbreak Posts: 1,318 Officer
    SMH!  Did not know it was because of the homeless. Go figure they’d rather punish the masses because of a few.  Jacksonville has never ceased to amaze me with stupidity. 

Used to run the dog there and hunted for sharks teeth back in the day.  Don’t ever remember seeing any homeless camps.
    National Marine Fisheries Service
    DESTROYING FISHERMEN AND THEIR COMMUNITIES SINCE 1976
  • tagtag Posts: 9,583 Admiral
    Too bad it’s closed. Would’ve been a good place 
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 2,083 Captain
    The homeless reason is what I was told by some EMS guys. I walked out there a couple of years ago, and it was trashed by homeless. 
  • dixiedaddixiedad Posts: 419 Deckhand
    Just before Sherman Creek bridge on the right side of Mayport rd is a huge trashy homeless camp. It's a real mess, the woods are slap full of junk  
  • Sonnyboy16Sonnyboy16 Gainesville, FLPosts: 113 Deckhand
    Confirms the little-known fact (for those not living in FL) that Jacksonville is an open cesspool. Had a friend from CO ask me - he always saw the "vista views" of the Modis building, with the Landing just to the left. Told him that, although it looked nice, you could probably make the homeless jump into the St. Johns to retrieve a piece of crack. 
  • tagtag Posts: 9,583 Admiral
    edited July 20 #8
    They have also fenced off what used to be white sandy beach area just before you get to Joe Carlucci ramp. Now the white sand is gone and it is mud.

I normally fish by boat so don’t have to worry about river access. Must suck for the land lock fishers that have to deal with access to the river. 

Oh well, back to boat fishing for me. 👍 
  • Sonnyboy16Sonnyboy16 Gainesville, FLPosts: 113 Deckhand
    "Go Gata's"....(Corinne Brown quote)