Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

New car sales

ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 21,643 Moderator

Demand continues to fuel prices. 

"June 24 (Reuters) - The cost of buying a new vehicle in the United States is set to hit an all-time high in June as automakers faced with raw material shortages ramp up prices to cater to healthy demand, an industry report showed on Friday."

"Buyers will have to shell out a record $45,844 on average in June, 14.5% higher than last year, according to the report from auto industry consultants J.D. Power and LMC Automotive."

"Vehicles continue to sell quickly and a significant number of vehicles are being ordered - or purchased - by buyers before they arrive at the dealership," Thomas King, president of the data and analytics division at J.D. Power, said in a statement."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-vehicle-prices-scale-record-130001191.html

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 29,149 AG
    I read that the Feds are going to spend something like $50B to try and turbo charge the semi-conductor manufacturing business in America, but that's going to take some time.  I imagine auto prices will remain high for the next several years. 
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 21,866 AG
    edited June 24 #3
    Give it 2 months... lets see how many car orders get cancelled.  No one is delivering cars.  There are tons of cars on orders that have not been delivered yet.  It isnt gas prices in particular that will kill car sales, but the loss of the extra income that goes into the decision and of course the interest rates. 

Car prices will collapse.. if not directly, it will be in an indirect way, like zero percent loans or discounts that dont reflect on the selling price on the books.

Wait till everyone figures out that their 401K has died... or they cant get the equity loan they wanted to buy stuff.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 21,643 Moderator
    Give it 2 months... lets see how many car orders get cancelled.  No one is delivering cars.  There are tons of cars on orders that have not been delivered yet.  It isnt gas prices in particular that will kill car sales, but the loss of the extra income that goes into the decision and of course the interest rates. 

Car prices will collapse.. if not directly, it will be in an indirect way, like zero percent loans or discounts that dont reflect on the selling price on the books.

Wait till everyone figures out that their 401K has died... or they cant get the equity loan they wanted to buy stuff.
    Alright! You heard here first!

2 months from now the entire automobile industry will collapse. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 40,850 AG

I'm still waiting on China's economy to collapse as he predicted 2 years ago. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 8,406 Admiral
    I cannot see all those car orders getting cancelled. Even if some do, there are SOOO many. I just went through this with my wife.  New car orders are 7-10 months waiting period. We want a Toyota product. They told us to buy an interim used car while waiting for the new car. Don’t think much will happen in 2 months. Too many orders. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 17,544 AG
    cadman said:

I actually think you should be worried about what might happen at the edge of a Chinese collapse. 

I really hope they don’t. We don’t have enough rainbows to throw at them.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 10,872 AG

I’m still waiting on Tesla to file for bankruptcy in years (from 4 years ago)
    cadman said:

You know China so well... do tell, when are they going to invade Taiwan?

And if you are going to reference something you think I said, please quote the reference and any follow up posts.  I am still waiting for your non inflation.

Misrepresenting what someone says is against the rules, right?
    dave44 said:
    cadman said:

I actually think you should be worried about what might happen at the edge of a Chinese collapse. 

So you're a BB follower? 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• FreeSpeechFreeSpeech South FLPosts: 235 Deckhand
    Big battery needs a charge.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 19,209 AG
    edited June 24 #13
    I would demand a refund on your crystal ball.  It has not had the best record.  Here are a few gems:

"Just wait till all the ramp rats at ATL and CLT get fired. Every failure in the economy belongs to the big guy."
    "All airlines pilot walkout coming right before thanksgiving...."
    "Just wait till the info on delta FAs floats to the surface of the ones dying from the shot... lots of discussions on it."
    "natural immunity lasts forever"
    "Sell your airline stocks.... It's going to collapse again this fall as the stimmy money dries up."
    "Again... masks dont work."
    "Masks dont help and in fact worsen the spread."
    "It is going to become very clear that covid only caused deaths are going to be very low."
    "In the US more people at all age groups have died of pnuemonia than covid."
    "Those states that allowed it to run, like NY, will reach or have already reached herd immunity."
    "Thankfully, Fauci is OUT and the guy that wrote the below is IN."
    "There wont be a vaccine."
    "Wont be that many lives. Youre a fear monger"
    "We will find, mostly likely next year, that total deaths average out and that there is no significant annual rise in deaths."
    "United airlines shuttering their bases in norita, Frankfurt and honk Kong... The layoffs will cut to seniority as low as 1972, 1973 and 1976. Bases won't reopen. Good job killing an industry."
    "Covid merely moved forward deaths that would likely have occurred in a month or two anyway."
    "3rd world countries are always hard hit. They are literally sh*tholes of infectious disease. "
    " The ccpvirus is only pulling deaths forward very slightly. how many died on the cruise ships? Why did so many never get sick? The narrative is collapsing."
    "Tarp....last chance to admit you've been wrong.. the numbers are coming out. Mortality will be less than the flu and this has destroyed the lives and livelihoods of millions for nothing"

And those doozies are just from one thread:  https://forums.floridasportsman.com/discussion/275603/coronavirus/p1 and links to them (and their responses) can be found here: https://forums.floridasportsman.com/profile/comments/Big Battery

Is that enough or would you like more?
    I would demand a refund on your crystal ball.  It has not had the best record.  Here are a few gems:

"Just wait till all the ramp rats at ATL and CLT get fired. Every failure in the economy belongs to the big guy."
    "Just wait till the info on delta FAs floats to the surface of the ones dying from the shot... lots of discussions on it."
    "Sell your airline stocks.... It's going to collapse again this fall as the stimmy money dries up."
    "It is going to become very clear that covid only caused deaths are going to be very low."
    "Those states that allowed it to run, like NY, will reach or have already reached herd immunity."
    "We will find, mostly likely next year, that total deaths average out and that there is no significant annual rise in deaths."
    "United airlines shuttering their bases in norita, Frankfurt and honk Kong... The layoffs will cut to seniority as low as 1972, 1973 and 1976. Bases won't reopen. Good job killing an industry."
    "Covid merely moved forward deaths that would likely have occurred in a month or two anyway."
    "3rd world countries are always hard hit. They are literally sh*tholes of infectious disease. "
    " The ccpvirus is only pulling deaths forward very slightly. how many died on the cruise ships? Why did so many never get sick? The narrative is collapsing."
    "Tarp....last chance to admit you've been wrong.. the numbers are coming out. Mortality will be less than the flu and this has destroyed the lives and livelihoods of millions for nothing"

And those doozies are just from one thread:  https://forums.floridasportsman.com/discussion/275603/coronavirus/p1 and links to them (and their responses) can be found here: https://forums.floridasportsman.com/profile/comments/Big Battery

Is that enough, or would you like more?

LMAO.........

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 8,406 Admiral
    Dam Tarp. That’s a lot of research. You off this week and/or is the water off a little bit for Tarpon fishing?  
    dave44 said:
    cadman said:

So you're a BB follower? 
    Why would you say that?   Is there Something wrong?
  • GotEmOnGotEmOn Crystal RiverPosts: 254 Deckhand
    cadman said:
    Like the promises the Russian economy would collapse... Still waiting. 
    edited June 24 #18
    2amigo said:
    Dam Tarp. That’s a lot of research. You off this week and/or is the water off a little bit for Tarpon fishing?  

It took like 10 minutes....just click on the last link I posted, click "replies" and they are all there.

I'll be on the water tomorrow afternoon, thunderstorms willing.  :)

If it were, you'd have been banned long ago.

Thankfully -- or sadly, I'm not quite sure which -- you've misrepresented the rules.
  • joelunchbucketjoelunchbucket Posts: 1,673 Captain

If it were, you'd have been banned long ago.

Thankfully -- or sadly, I'm not quite sure which -- you've misrepresented the rules.
    And you’d be right there with him. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,475 AG
    I’ll just keep my truck for now. 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 

good lord... you would never want anyone to touch yours. You were so wrong about everything during throughout that thread, maybe you should post anything from that thread that was remotely true. 

Several of those posts were very accurate, some were based on the information at the time. Several I acknowledge they were wrong but were based on the current information. Which makes part of your post defamation but no one will do anything about it. If you dont post the posts later than correct or acknowledge the info, then your just taking cheap shots.  I dont think you have ever admitted you were wrong about anything.  When new information comes in, I will acknowledge and change my mind, I dont think you can say the same thing.  That reveals enough about your character for everyone to see.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 10,832 AG
    Everybody's Right...And everybody's Wrong...
    So much resistance from behind ..It's time we stopped ...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 15,125 AG
    Groovy
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
    edited June 26 #25

good lord... you would never want anyone to touch yours. You were so wrong about everything during throughout that thread, maybe you should post anything from that thread that was remotely true. 

Several of those posts were very accurate, some were based on the information at the time. Several I acknowledge they were wrong but were based on the current information. Which makes part of your post defamation but no one will do anything about it. If you dont post the posts later than correct or acknowledge the info, then your just taking cheap shots.  I dont think you have ever admitted you were wrong about anything.  When new information comes in, I will acknowledge and change my mind, I dont think you can say the same thing.  That reveals enough about your character for everyone to see.
    You have been wrong again and again.  If you'd like to explain away some of them because "new information came out", that doesn't change the fact that you were wrong, over and over and over again...nor does it address your bizarre predictions that never occurred.

Furthermore, if you don't think I've admitted when I'm wrong, you would be wrong about that too:

https://forums.floridasportsman.com/search?adv=1&search=correction&title=&author=Tarponator&cat=all&subcats=1&tags=&discussion_idea=1&discussion_discussion=1&comment_comment=1&discussion_poll=1&within=1+day&date=

Coming back to your opening paragraph:  Go ahead and do my posts in that thread.  Post all that are incorrect.

I dare you.
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 6,301 Admiral
    Playing the perpetual victim must be exhausting.
    Tell it brother!!!
    😂
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,705 Captain
    Go Tarp!! Tarp for President! :)😀
    dave44 said:
    Tell it brother!!!
    😂
    It took Tarp to get BT and Dave to agree.  :)

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• tagtag Posts: 9,509 Admiral
    One of the issues with all this supply chain nonsense is the inability to get parts, other than semiconductors, to fix the vehicle you already have. Reading the F150 forums trucks are sitting for months because of lack of drive shafts (a recall issue). My truck has a wiper motor recall and there are no wiper motors to be had. 

Tarp doesnt seem to be all that tired.  You would think with all the goal post moving and back pedaling that he does, he would be exhausted.