Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

I cried..

Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 7,096 Admiral
when using my nose hair trimmer just now.  Should I change my pronoun or something?
Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway

Replies

• SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 4,840 Captain
    nope not at all. You ought to see me tear up every time I watch the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan. Every single dam time.  
  • GotEmOnGotEmOn Crystal RiverPosts: 464 Deckhand
    I sneeze when its time to bust out the weed wacker.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 11,024 AG
    I used a Bic Lighter one time to reach them Deep In hairs...
    Tell you what , I'll never do that again...But it worked real well.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • FlashFlash Posts: 12,280 AG
    nope not at all. You ought to see me tear up every time I watch the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan. Every single dam time.  

I still remember the first time I saw it and the number of old vets who got up and left after the opening scene. I could not even talk to my wife about it when I got home. I started tearing up trying to explain it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 17,999 AG
    I used a Bic Lighter one time to reach them Deep In hairs...
    Tell you what , I'll never do that again...But it worked real well.
    The warning label sez you shouldn’t have a shot of whiskey  first.

• GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 15,655 AG
    I was OK until the medic got shot and then died. 

"Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • Tony RomaTony Roma Posts: 3,058 Captain
    Shakespeare in Love beat out Saving private Ryan for the Oscar that year. Spielberg did win best director. The all star cast of that movie was amazing. Me and my son probably watch it 3-4 times a year, along with Full Metal Jacket 
    When my dad died last August, he was delirious, some of his last coherent statements were asking fellow GIs if they were alright and please keep your head down. 
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 13,572 AG
    Some years ago which seems in a different life time I was a "counselor" for a funeral home and had to meet with a WWII vet and his wife. She kept complaining to me that her husband (who was coming to the end) that he kept reliving his time in WWII, which she said it was the first time he ever did that in their 60+ year marriage.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    edited June 23 #11
    It’s amazing how the brain reacts to things that were important events in one’s life. 

I may fake it and beg my wife to stop beating me. 
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 9,850 Admiral
    It's part of having Alzheimer's your old memory is good it's the new things you don't remember.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 22,665 Moderator
    God bless him and all the others who answered the call.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)