Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

merrit island archery

daveycdaveyc tampa bayPosts: 178 Deckhand
helping with last minute quota apps--how many preference points  needed for any merrit island bow hunts -?

Replies

• MissedMissed O-townPosts: 622 Officer
    Not sure I had 4 pts this year.  Have hunted it 2x since it opened and they had like 990 applicants.  Seen 1 deer for 2 hunts.
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 3,007 Captain
    Didn’t somebody comment somewhere that no deer were harvested last year?
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 3,472 Captain
    Its a tough hunt, my son hunted it first year and last year. He set up in the thick stuff and had a buck and hogs close but not clear enough for a shot. The places Ive seen the most Deer and Hogs while Duck hunting are off limits. And the a**inine restrictions for scouting dont help.  
  • MissedMissed O-townPosts: 622 Officer
    H20dad said:
    Very correct - only hogs were taken on ALL the hunts last year - not 1 deer.
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 2,138 Captain
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 3,007 Captain
    Missed said:
    H20dad said:
    I posted something everyone didn’t hate on me for, must buy lottery ticket…..
    If they opened up the duck areas it would be better.  Theres areas I could get to by boat that have some Deer.  Of course I couldnt bag one though....

edited June 17 #9
    If they opened up the duck areas it would be better.  Theres areas I could get to by boat that have some Deer.  Of course I couldnt bag one though....

Weird thing is one of the hunts this year is during the duck opener weekend. Shooting might move the Deer.
    H20dad said:
    Missed said:
    H20dad said:
    You have potential. You even have some good ideas and thoughts. Theres been a couple stretches where you were a normal participant....then you digressed    :)  The same could probably be said for me....
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 2,138 Captain
    Pinman said:
    H20dad said:
    Missed said:
    H20dad said:
    You have potential. You even have some good ideas and thoughts. Theres been a couple stretches where you were a normal participant....then you digressed    :)  The same could probably be said for me....
    Yep…. You can definitely tell when h20 forgets to take his act right pills!..😜