Skip to main content
Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

You never know what is going to be on that hook!

You never know what is going to be on that hook!

Bob and I headed out at 12:30 but our plans were immediately changed when we arrived at the train bridge, which was down and being repaired.  We fished the new Roosevelt Bridge and some docks East of the train bridge where Bob caught 3 Croakers and…..a Pompano!  You just never know what’s going to be on that hook, that’s a first, a Pompano in that area and he came home for dinner.  Finally after a few hours and missing the best part of the tide, we got through the train bridge to fish the South Fork and put some Snook in the boat.  We caught 4 common Snook and 4 Tarpon Snook and…….jumped a 30 to 40 lb. Tarpon.  You just never know what’s going to be on that hook.  The Tarpon hit under a dock and immediately came out to open water……unfortunately when he came out, he was on one side of a piling and I was on the other side.  After three jumps, I started gently dragging him around the piling but unfortunately after about thirty yards of pulling, the braid was cut by the barnacles on the piling.  It was exciting while it lasted.  Put another Croaker in the boat, a bunch of Snappers, a puffer, and some catfish.  Called it a day at 6:30, considered only a half a day for Bob and I, as it was only 6 hours of fishing. 

Final Tally – Bob – 4 Snook, 3 Croakers, 1 Pompano, and the buffet of others

Keith – 4 Snook, 1 Croaker and the buffet of others

Replies

• hhfishermanhhfisherman Posts: 180 Deckhand
    Thank you for the report.
    You are probably the only one on this forum that consistently posting report. Greatly appreciated!!!
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 1,036 Officer
    Thank you for the report.
    You are probably the only one on this forum that consistently posting report. Greatly appreciated!!!
    I appreciate it.  Hopefully we can get more fishers involved, usually there are more offshore reports but things have been quiet on the forum from everyone.  Thanks again.