Skip to main content
Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

King and Three Jacks on the St Johns

BattlefishBattlefish Jacksonville, FLPosts: 334 Deckhand
Picture perfect calm day. Swimming mullet topwater bites. Enjoy: 
Fishing YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyKdiam7vzvGthpaR1Anrdw 

BattleFish

Replies

• LakotaRainLakotaRain JaxPosts: 74 Deckhand
    Thanks for posting this vid..  Gives me hope in my quest to figure out fishing this are of the River.  We just recently downsized to a more river-friendly fishing boat.  We live on the Ortega River and have just started to really fish that area you are in...  Where are you finding bait back in Goodbys?  
    Skeeter ZX22V -  Yamaha F250

• BattlefishBattlefish Jacksonville, FLPosts: 334 Deckhand
    Yes Goodbys creek had Pogies but now mullet. Mullet were in the river too, shallow or around docks. Caught a 25" redfish on green and silver $2.50 walmart Bomber and a stripper on clear paddle tail today. Saw tarpon rolling but could not get a bite on some juicy live mullet. 
    Fishing YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyKdiam7vzvGthpaR1Anrdw 

BattleFish
  • LakotaRainLakotaRain JaxPosts: 74 Deckhand
    Yes Goodbys creek had Pogies but now mullet. Mullet were in the river too, shallow or around docks. Caught a 25" redfish on green and silver $2.50 walmart Bomber and a stripper on clear paddle tail today. Saw tarpon rolling but could not get a bite on some juicy live mullet. 
    Appreciate the info.  My son and I will be out early Saturday.  Skeeter Bay boat if you are around!
    Skeeter ZX22V -  Yamaha F250

• BattlefishBattlefish Jacksonville, FLPosts: 334 Deckhand
    Hi thanks, but I don't go on weekends, too many boats and jet skis, even Fridays are nuts lately. 3" Bomber Chanteuse and Silver floater, dives to about 2-3'  bronze Mustad circle hooks around docks north of Goodbys, one fish per 200 casts. Fast retrieve. I call it my fish finder. 21" trout Monday and 25" red Wednesday. Walmart has them bottom shelf were $2.50 now $3.36 I think. 

BattleFish