Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bash 2022

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,961 AG
Not looking good for me attending this year. All of the Ga crew have rooms reserved for the first weekend in June (3-5)  like always at the Moorings. I can get prizes if someone can come by and get them If I don't make it. I can send money to anyone that purchases them.  If I can't make it I hope someone will volunteer to help BIL. I'll know in the next 2-3 weeks.  

It would be good to try to get a count on how many people will be attending so we will know what to expect and discuss food/number of raffle prizes. Please let us know on this thread if you will be attending this year. 
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• loydDloydD GeorgiaPosts: 148 Deckhand
    We are going.  Aiden can't wait.  I hope some of you are bringing your kids.  Lets make 2022 Bash Great.  We were thinking about shirts for this year.  Need some ideas.  Last year we got really frustrated with our shirt maker.  They changed it a lot from the original design.  We were going to quit doing them.  Out of the blue, we got a call from my art man and he said he works for someone that can make them exactly how they are drawn.  SOOOO we have had some ideas sent our way.  We are open to your ideas.   Food for the Bash will be dips and seven layer salad.  Something sweet too.  
    Lovely Loyd
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,892 Captain
    Doing low country boil Friday night. 4of us. Me Donna Shakey and Keith
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 5,302 Admiral
    We reserved our room before we left last year. Me and Ms PD will be in attendance. 
    Ferris, you gonna make it this year?
    Planning on a good time again this year. Looks like all the regular sowega folks will attend. Come on fla folks.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 21,596 Moderator
    pottydoc said:
    Ferris, you gonna make it this year?
    I'm going to try. I've delinquent now for a long time.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,961 AG
    looks like looks like me and the wife may make it. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    I need a count so I can tell waterdog how much boston butt to cook for us. I don't see more than 15  people so far. Want to make sure there is enough. I know there will be some there that aren't accounted for yet. 
    Guess I'll just throw a dart and see what number it hits....
    Me, Ms PD and two more. I'll ask the boss what kind of side we are bringing
    Good deal Ferris. Come on and join the rest of the old folks.
    Hey now!  

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• loydDloydD GeorgiaPosts: 148 Deckhand
    We will not be doing shirts.  Sorry guys. 

Lovely Loyd
    Still got to pickup some prizes. Best guess Sowega folks including my 4 prolly 20-25
    Looking forward to it. Heading down Thursday this year and just hang around. Hope to see a good crown. If not we will still enjoy ourselves...
    Not gonna make it to fish, we are gonna try to make the party Saturday evening. 
  • skywayskyway St. Pete FLPosts: 650 Officer
    edited May 30 #18
    Plans are coming together.
    I won’t be in attendance but this event is going to be a great weekend gathering of friends. Some great food and fellowship. Feel free to bring a side dish, or some soft drinks for the kids, or any raffle items you care to share are welcomed. 
    $25- per vessel takes 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the event Saturday. Tight Lines and good luck!
    Picked up some prizes today for kids under 12. Thinking maybe a kids tournament. Any legal fish. Trash fish included. Heaviest fish.
    Getting ready to head that way. Everyone travel safe. 
    had a had a great time. Those that didn’t attend missed a good time. One of our S Ga friends woke up to a bad sight Sunday morning though. His boat was upside down in the slip when he got up. 
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 3,206 Captain
    Oh wow.  What in the world?
    Proverbs 13:3
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,427 Moderator
    micci_man said:
    had a had a great time. Those that didn’t attend missed a good time. One of our S Ga friends woke up to a bad sight Sunday morning though. His boat was upside down in the slip when he got up. 

dang!
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,562 Captain
    Glad everyone appears to have had a good time, but we need a report, photos, stories, etc.

There was a really low tide and his boat got under the walkway and when the tied came back it hung and filled with water and flipped on its side 

Dangit!
    glad to hear y’all had a great event. 
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 3,206 Captain
    Sorry that happened.  I was always concerned about that when I'd dock in the area too.
    Proverbs 13:3
  • billybob11billybob11 Posts: 1,235 Officer
    Dang.  I hate that.   Hopefully can wash motor down.  Pull plugs. Spray down with oil.   Buddy of mine would dry out starters and other stuff in oven set on low with door open to get rid of moisture 
    Hate to hear that.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer fella’... Hope it all works out Peanut!
    These folks can EAT if nothing else. Cooked 2 batches of LCB same as every year. Fewer people than last year and we had nothing left over. First time ever.