Here's where everything went

Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,506 Moderator
Divers Corner......merge to Gen Fish

Angler on Foot.....merge to Gen Fish

Tournament Insider......merge to Gen Fish

Rod Building........merge to Gen Fish

Ask the Law.....merge to Conservation Front

Delete all Manufacturer Forums

Politics (already gone from general members)

In the Classified section we'd only have: Boats, Paddle craft, Marine, General and Shooting classifieds.

Fishing Tackle merge to Classifieds General

Vehicles  merge to Classifieds General

Real Estate merge to Classifieds General 

Job Market  merge to Classifieds General

eBay Ads merge to Classifieds General

Commercial merge to Classifieds General

In the Manufacturer Forums, merge the bulk into Boating a couple into Gen Fish

Merge all to Boating:
Action Craft 
Bennett Marine
Egret Boats
Evinrude
Humminbird
Navionics
Ranger Boats
Star Brite     

Merge to Gen Fish:
PENN
Shimano

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,288 Officer
    Thanks Jack
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,561 Moderator
    Ironic that I see this post today.  I haven't posted much in the last 5 years but once was super active....especially in the Keys section.  When the powers that be started breaking the forum up into more and more subsections I railed against the decision.  My fear (since proven accurate) was that spreading the content across nearly 50 sub forums would dilute content and ultimately participation.  I'm not sure what's behind this merger, but it seems a step in the right direction.  Maybe I'll even post more fishing reports some day. :-)
    Many of us felt as you did. There were some good reasons put forth for all the various forums though. Much of it had to do with search engine visibility (mainly the beast called Google). Things have changed in that regard and the current push is towards the "less is more" mantra. Good to see you back again Intrepid.
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,850 AG
    Fletch said:
    Ironic that I see this post today.  I haven't posted much in the last 5 years but once was super active....especially in the Keys section.  When the powers that be started breaking the forum up into more and more subsections I railed against the decision.  My fear (since proven accurate) was that spreading the content across nearly 50 sub forums would dilute content and ultimately participation.  I'm not sure what's behind this merger, but it seems a step in the right direction.  Maybe I'll even post more fishing reports some day. :-)
    Many of us felt as you did. There were some good reasons put forth for all the various forums though. Much of it had to do with search engine visibility (mainly the beast called Google). Things have changed in that regard and the current push is towards the "less is more" mantra. Good to see you back again Intrepid.
    well he has a new sled, even if the magnets are weak
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,427 Admiral

That was about the same time the magazine went from a phone book to a sheet of charmin...
  • GotseaGotsea Posts: 861 Officer
    Whatever they have done it hasn't worked, I was a dally visitor and posted 3 to 4 times a week, not any more, the constant format changing plus the annoying popup adds, drove me away.  
  • estherfamadmestherfamadm NYPosts: 1 Greenhorn
    last time I face the same situation.