Home Boating

Yamaha F250 NMEA Connection - Manufactured date 09/08.

LakotaRainLakotaRain JaxPosts: 56 Deckhand
Greetings fellow forum members.  I am hoping there are some electronics gurus out there.  I have a newly acquired Skeeter Bay boat with a lightly used F250.  I am in process of updating electronics.  Looking to interface the motor with a Garmin Echomap through the NMEA Connection.  Everything I have researched says Yamaha started including the interface BUS starting in 2006.  I have only found one potential interface plug not already in use.  See pics.  Looking to see if anyone can assist in determining if this is the correct interface plug. Thanks for any input!
Skeeter ZX22V -  Yamaha F250

Replies

• GotseaGotsea Posts: 855 Officer
    Hard to tell, where does it goes?, look for an interface harness on line and see if what you got there looks that it will plug on the harness, maybe  the answer is on the owner manual    
  • LakotaRainLakotaRain JaxPosts: 56 Deckhand
    @Gotsea - I think I found the issue.  It already has the Yamaha Command Link system so the NMEA plug is already occupied.  Looks like I just need to get the networking interface.  More expensive but way easier to install since all in the console.  Thanks for chiming in on my post!
    Skeeter ZX22V -  Yamaha F250