Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

10/10/21 inshore bite- pics

Met up with my clients for the day at 0 dark thirty. At first light, we ran to the bait hole... For those of you who have never tried Boca Coast Chum, do yourself a favor and get some! Its so nice to have a bag of the chum ready to go and have bait move in so quickly.. Saves time on mixing with oil and water to make peanut butter.. yes, you can go old school and do the whole purina fish food, manhaden oil/water mix... but try the Boca Chum and Im sure you will agree with me! ( no, I am not sponsored by Boca Chum, it has just been a great product that has saved me time and energy....)

got a good amount of pilchards with some threadies mixed in along with a decent amount of pinfish. 

Once the wells were loaded, we made our way to fish various oyster bars and drop offs as we had an outgoing tide. Fish being forced off the flats due to falling water... so find their highway and you will catch fish!

We caught a solid two man limit of mangrove snapper for groceries.  We also caught a bunch of really nice legal trout, but i advised my clients to release all the trout so we can try to help rebuild their population. 
We landed a decent snook, and lost a 30+ incher after getting it to the boat as it wore thru the light leader.  Some nice upper slot and over slot redfish kept the rods bent.  

The bite slowed down right as the tide bottomed out.  It was CRAZY skinny at peak low tide as the stronger than predicted E/NE winds were increasing the strong outgoing tide.  

A fun day and one to remember!
www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral

Replies

• bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 974 Officer
    edited October 10 #2
    Awesome stuff, we don't get enough inshore posts on here anymore. Despite the red tide, this has been a banner year for inshore fishing near me as well. Like you said, just gotta find where they're moving through.
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 12,273 AG
    Those are some really pretty redfish.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.