Home General Paddle Craft

New Look ?

krashkrash Posts: 768 Officer
****.. I know progress and evolution, but now I'm officially lost.
Old Fugger who just likes to fish

Replies

• krashkrash Posts: 768 Officer
    Is there a link to directly take me to new/latest/updated post in the "GeneralPaddle Craft" section ?

Like we had with the previous format ?
  • DES51DES51 Posts: 239 Deckhand
    Terrible!  Too much clutter and advertising.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,492 Captain
    Agree, I like the old format much better.  Why fix something that works fine????
  • louislouis Posts: 71 Deckhand
    New look is terrible.  Too much pop up ads.  Too d***
  • louislouis Posts: 71 Deckhand
    Got too aggravated every time tried to finish garbage cluttered screen so the heck with it.
    Ad's are part of the deal, you get what you pay for and we get this for the simple price of seeing some ad's.
    I don't like the wasted space, if I could configure out the left hand column that takes 25% of the page space, who cares about all that noise, or how many post each category has.
    the title/header is nice and a trap to show ad's, but when I have to scroll down, laptop user, jsut to see the first post.. it gets boring, or to me a PITA.
    Make sure you have the ad blockers set up.  I have zero ads, it is just a format that is less familiar and awkward.
    edited September 9 #9
    I have ad blocker so I guess ads are not the issue. The issue is the new format, basically 2/3rds of the page is format, and 1/3 content.

On a Laptop I have to scroll down just to see the first post, even when jumping straight to General Paddle Craft, If I could at least get back the left hand column of wasted space with the long list of Quick Links and Forum category listing.
    Is there a post in a general forum announcing or about this Update ?
    krash said:
    Is there a post in a general forum announcing or about this Update ?
    I don't think so.
  • Kayak_PeteKayak_Pete Posts: 184 Deckhand
    Just shut this site down.  It's a **** embarrassment to the internet.
    2014 Hobie Sport
    Any Mods listening.. 
    I visit specific areas like the "General Paddle Craft". prettty much daily, like to see new post filered at the top.
    But is it possible to add a Sun-Thread with a lined button at the Top of the list for "Sticky Read Me 1st" post.

Many Forums have/allow post to be made "sticky" at the top but this always filters these post to the top and eventually you end up with to many "sticky" post clogging up the top of the list.

"Sticky or Read Me First", can be useful for "What Kayak to Buy", "What Mods do you need, or dont need" post, that answer questions that are asked over and over.