Home Off Topic

Just Another Night In Chicago

treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 7,615 Admiral
We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,929 Admiral
    A lot to be said for Concealed Carry , also staying away from certain demographics..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 12,743 AG
    No doubt on the second.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 3,562 Captain
    I don’t know what caused those
    fights, but I learned a long time ago to stay away from areas where that might occur. 

That’s messed up if those fights were the result of racism 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 17,673 Moderator
    Racism, bullying and theft. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• XtremeEpicOutdoorsTVXtremeEpicOutdoorsTV 💻 📺 Posts: 254 Deckhand
    The demographic isn’t the problem.  The problem is those who use the demographic as pawns for political agendas, while endlessly virtue signaling on their behalf from their ivory towers in lily white Beaver Cleaverville, USA.  Some of that demographic swallowed the poison unfortunately.  

Personally I’d rather live in the Englewood section of that filthy city than in the upscale gated communities where the limousine lefties reside.  At least the Englewood crowd is genuine, phonies make me sick. 

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,309 AG
    These Tyler Perry movies are getting weirder and weirder. 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,929 Admiral
    I saw them 2 white guys in Portland at the BLM Rally. they had nice signs...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 11,104 AG
    There are too many areas in this country where a white person cannot walk at night without being physically abused. I realize that there are many areas where a black person cannot walk without being observed but the percentage of physical abuse is small in comparison.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Animals
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 12,743 AG
    This.

I lived for three years in Chicago and it is quite a great place to live. Unfortunately, like any other large cities they do have areas that certain color people shouldn't enter. 

As Jerry said, they're animals. 

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 2,709 Captain
    It's not just at night....and prejudice works both ways.  On my '03 trip around the continent, I stopped at Fargo, GA on my way to Okefenokee to catch up on things.  Did some grocery shopping, cleaned out the camper and, while I was at it, went to a laundromat to do my laundry.

I'll tell ya what....I was the only white person in a fairly crowded laundromat but didn't pay it much mind as I loaded my machines.  Then nodded to a few, said hello to a couple and got nothing but silence, stares and glares.  That was the longest and most tense laundry episode of my life.  Most of them just sat and stared at me the whole time.  I was "very" glad to finish and get gone.
  • XtremeEpicOutdoorsTVXtremeEpicOutdoorsTV 💻 📺 Posts: 254 Deckhand
    Well at least at the laundromat they were being genuine.  I will take genuine unpleasantness over nauseating fake friendliness and brown nosing anytime. 

gogittum said:
    It's not just at night....and prejudice works both ways.  On my '03 trip around the continent, I stopped at Fargo, GA on my way to Okefenokee to catch up on things.  Did some grocery shopping, cleaned out the camper and, while I was at it, went to a laundromat to do my laundry.

I'll tell ya what....I was the only white person in a fairly crowded laundromat but didn't pay it much mind as I loaded my machines.  Then nodded to a few, said hello to a couple and got nothing but silence, stares and glares.  That was the longest and most tense laundry episode of my life.  Most of them just sat and stared at me the whole time.  I was "very" glad to finish and get gone.
    '03 in South Georgia? They were probably trying to figure what a strange white man was doing in their part of town. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 2,709 Captain
    gogittum said:

'03 in South Georgia? They were probably trying to figure what a strange white man was doing in their part of town. 
    Haha.....is Fargo big enuf to have a "their" part of town ??
    gogittum said:
    gogittum said:

Haha.....is Fargo big enuf to have a "their" part of town ??
    Obviously you didn't grow up in the south. There are still separate neighborhoods in all parts of the south as well as in other parts of the country. By choice, by financing, by sales.........all kinds of reasons. 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,865 Captain
    That has to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen…literally sick to my stomach. 
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 2,153 Captain
    gogittum said:

It wasn’t your color. Lol
    It was they didn’t know you. You were from “out of town”. At least that’s the way it is in my little town

God sleeps in the minerals, awakens in plants, walks in animals, and thinks in man.

Arthur Young

• dogman18dogman18 Posts: 552 Officer
    I walked into a restaurant in Fancy Gap,Va. The stares and silence were deafening. The locals knew I didn't belong. Maybe it was my lack of bib overalls that gave me away.
    “There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”
    ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 7,615 Admiral
    There's an enormous difference between the way city and country folks behave. Color isn't a big deal in small town America. In the cities race and racism is a cottage industry
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 38,986 AG
    There's an enormous difference between the way city and country folks behave. Color isn't a big deal in small town America. In the cities race and racism is a cottage industry
    Except when those neonazi white supremacists in the small towns get worked up

https://www.salon.com/2016/09/01/oregon-white-supremacist-mowed-down-black-teenager-with-his-jeep/

Hatred doesn't know town sizes or the color of skin. Some people are just angry, hateful, violent, individuals who should not be a part of society. 

A lot to be said for Concealed Carry , also staying away from certain demographics..

Need a concealed full automatic in the video above. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 7,615 Admiral
    cadman said:
    Except when those neonazi white supremacists in the small towns get worked up

https://www.salon.com/2016/09/01/oregon-white-supremacist-mowed-down-black-teenager-with-his-jeep/

Hatred doesn't know town sizes or the color of skin. Some people are just angry, hateful, violent, individuals who should not be a part of society. 

Need a concealed full automatic in the video above. 

Hundreds of Millions of people live in rural areas.  The "educated" **** perpetuate racism. This is why the Chicago attack happened.  
  • The_Bearded_AnglerThe_Bearded_Angler Tampa native living in GaPosts: 263 Deckhand
    It doesn't get much smaller than the town I live in. Believe me racism is everywhere, not just in the big city.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 11,104 AG
    What many seem to fail to understand is that racism works in both directions. Generally only white racism shows up in the main stream media though.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Okey Dokey

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Lake-LinkerLake-Linker Posts: 182 Deckhand
    gogittum said:

I accidently went to an "all Haitian" laundromat in S FL once. It wasn't just glares and stares. I had things like toothless old women pushing carts into my way,then cackling among themselves in creole...Spread ALL their stuff out so I couldn't use a table to fold...Stand and block me from getting to my machines so I had to walk all the way around......I can't prove it but it's my impression that a middle class black American would get the same treatment.

I honestly found it amusing. I smiled,openly chuckled,shook my head and looked them right in the eye whenever they did something else silly like that...But the odd thing was I had these unexplainable random pains all over my body that started when I left and continued the rest of the night. j/k
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,724 Captain
    edited September 2021 #27
    I had a crazy event happen two Saturday mornings ago here in my one red light small town. I was at the gas pumps and filled up my truck and then pulled my truck forward a bit to fill up the boat, partially blocking 1 of the 5 exits from the parking lot. I was one of three vehicles in the parking lot. One truck easily drove around my truck and exited the lot. The whole time that I was pumping gas I noticed this very angry black lady sitting in her beat up truck staring at me like I owed her money. She eventually backed her truck out of the spot and instead of driving around my truck or using the four other exits she pulled her bumper 2” from my front right tire and started laying on her horn and screaming at me to move. This was at 7am. I just laughed and said w t f are you so angry about go around. She just kept screaming and sitting there for 5 more mins before giving up and easily drove around me. Meanwhile a whole crowd of people that I knew had started gathering watching this crazy b I t c *. She pulls out of the parking lot and waits for me to pull out down the road. As soon as I leave the store and go across the street to the lawnmower repair shop she comes flying down the road and slams on her brakes beside my truck while screaming to a 911 operator that I was threatening her and holding her hostage in the gas station parking lot. I could hear the operator tell her there’s nothing illegal. I just laughed and kept saying “why are you following me?” So that the operator could hear it. One of the black guys that I know from the gas station came running over to help me and she came running up to him yelling that I called her a stupid N word. Which I absolutely never brought up race. He told her that she’s a dumb b I t c * and to leave. She didn’t know that I have given this man fish for years and have helped build up his lawn business  for nothing. 

I would bet the only thing that she was trying to do was to push me enough to make her some sort of the next George Floyd. 

This was her on the phone with the po lice. I recorded everything once I knew what she was trying to do. 

One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    There are nutcases everywhere. Small towns, big towns. 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)