Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Go Bolts!

Looks like our team is hitting on all cylinders.
On a side note. is anyone else tired of the crappy announcers bias towards the Bolts.  I guess it is to be expected, but its starting to get old.

Replies

• CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 2,678 Captain
    I got seats in 109 for Wednesday.   Go bolts!!!
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 13,570 AG
    I don't think it's bias so much as they have a great team that work together very smoothly and they have a great coach
    that's hard to beat. 

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    If they don't read their own press clippings and put efforts like that together all series, this could be over quick.  But Montreal will do something to change the tide I am sure.  Last night was just absolutely dominating.
  • mplspugmplspug Posts: 16,008 AG
    edited June 2021 #5
    The announcers were gushing over the islanders the last series.  It's what happens when you have former players doing the color commentary.
    Just dropping grenades in OT
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 13,231 AG
    2 down 2 to go.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,942 Captain
    Not our best game last night by any means. But a win is a win!  
    Go Bolts!
  • MulletFordMulletFord Posts: 211 Deckhand
    The buzzer coleman to end the 2nd was crucial!!!

Seeing all over social media that "the Canadians deserved to win that game"....well then they should have won! 

I think that is a big difference in our current team and the team who was swept by the blue jackets. We now find ways to win rather than expecting and deserving to win. 
    Regulator 24fs
    23' Pursuit CC
    "Aint no point getting out of bed if you aint living the dream" - Sturgill Simpson 
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 800 Officer
    I think that is a big difference in our current team and the team who was swept by the blue jackets. We now find ways to win rather than expecting and deserving to win. 
    For sure!  Having the best goaltender in the world on our team helps also.  Go Bolts! 
    Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke 
    edited July 2021 #10
    Very true about the attitude when they were swept.  Cooper before the playoffs that year cautioned and was concerned that they had not gone through any adversity the whole season.

Great game last night.
    One more................go Bolts!
    2 down 2 to go.
    Three down, one to go

THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • winderbillwinderbill Posts: 328 Deckhand
    every commentator on every network has already handed this series to the Bolts...gives me a bad feeling!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Posts: 16,637 AG
    I agree with them. It's all over but the cryin.    Montreal has never been serious competition for them.  
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • stc1993stc1993 Posts: 10,167 AG
    Go Bolts win toñight.

Do they show it on tv?
    NBC at 8
    Seriously?  Do they show the stanley cup finals on TV?  

GO BOLTS.  Let's do this.  Give them no more hope.
  • stc1993stc1993 Posts: 10,167 AG
    TY mackerel snatcher.

Captain Bly I've never watched a game in my  life.  Might look in ón it.
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Posts: 3,470 Moderator
    Never a doubt. What a team, congrats!!!
    Way to go Bolts!
    That was another fun ride............... 
    Now the Bucs need to repeat.
    Lets go bolts!! 

Boat parade Monday the 12th. 
    Regulator 24fs
    23' Pursuit CC
    "Aint no point getting out of bed if you aint living the dream" - Sturgill Simpson 
    Monday? 

Did you check out the Kucherov presser afterward?  He is not a professional drinker and it shows. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Posts: 16,637 AG
    Right now i think they are the favorite in the NFC.   The Rams traded for Stafford but they are IMO on their way to being the New York Jets of the west coast.   Splashy trades and failure.   The NFC I think is fairly weak lately.   AFC looks like KC, Tennessee, Buffalo, and possibly Cleveland.   AFC looks tough.   Baltimore is always good, Pittsburgh could be better if they run the ball more and don't rely on Ben's arm.   Miami could win 11 games this year pretty easily.  Heck the Chargers have a ton of talent and a good young QB..
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    mplspug said:
    Monday? 

Did you check out the Kucherov presser afterward?  He is not a professional drinker and it shows. 
    I was already asleep but I saw it last year and know exactly what you mean
    Regulator 24fs
    23' Pursuit CC
    Anyone doing the boat parade?  Contemplating it.  Paper says no boats allowed but I think it has said that every time.  Any clue how the red tide is on the Hillsborough river area?
  • The_Bearded_AnglerThe_Bearded_Angler Posts: 377 Deckhand
    Right now i think they are the favorite in the NFC.   The Rams traded for Stafford but they are IMO on their way to being the New York Jets of the west coast.   Splashy trades and failure.   The NFC I think is fairly weak lately.   AFC looks like KC, Tennessee, Buffalo, and possibly Cleveland.   AFC looks tough.   Baltimore is always good, Pittsburgh could be better if they run the ball more and don't rely on Ben's arm.   Miami could win 11 games this year pretty easily.  Heck the Chargers have a ton of talent and a good young QB..
    The Rams with Stafford frighten me a bit. They give us fits with Goff, and Stafford is a huge improvement. The Packers have a brutal schedule this year but if Rodgers comes back you can't count them out. The Saints...well...they now have Jameis so...no.  The 49ers and Seahawks are probably the only other 2 threats in the NFC and neither really scare me too much.  I think the key will be securing home field for the playoffs this season so we don't have to go back to Lambeau and steal another one. 
    Anyone doing the boat parade?  Contemplating it.  Paper says no boats allowed but I think it has said that every time.  Any clue how the red tide is on the Hillsborough river area?
    No red tide on the river.

I was thinking about it, but am at work at 11am. I considered getting a slip at the convention center and then joining the parade, but too much work. 

It does say no outside boats every year but unfortunately for Jane, it is public water
    Regulator 24fs
    23' Pursuit CC
    I bet there were some players with hangovers this morning !
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 3,007 Captain
    LOL, They bent the cup at the boat parade and it has to be sent back to Canada to get fixed. 
  • clarosaclarosa Posts: 958 Officer
    LOL, They bent the cup at the boat parade and it has to be sent back to Canada to get fixed. 
    Guess that's the only way Montreal can get to have to cup for a few days  :D
    SnappaSlappa jigs, Made By Fisherman FOR fisherman

https://snappaslappa.com/collections/jigs