Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

7-10 scallop trip

Left Hernando Beach ramp 630 went out to a rock pile to fish a bit.  I could not buy a bite but the kids put some grunts and a porgy in the cooler so we had something.  My daughter caught a fat chubb that fought like crazy.  And remoras were thick we caught prob 5-6.  The weather was perfect.  Calm seas and  very little wind. 
About 900 we moved shallow to go scalloping.  We were in 6 FOW off chazz.  Scalloped for about 5 hrs. Plenty if you worked to find em.  Most were small but all in all we had fun.  On the trailer at 230 home 4 boat washed, flushed and put up by 5.  Scallops, fish, and some shrimp pasta for dinner.  

Oh and to the guy out there scalloping naked….gross man. Seriously. 

You can't pet a dead dog back to life 

Replies

• gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 2,234 Captain
    Mmm.....that last picture looks goood.  Loves dem Scallops.  I think it was Scallops Parisienne that we used to get at the Hungry Tiger.  Yum.
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,898 Captain
    nice mess!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,581 Moderator
    Thinking that may be the first Bermuda chub I've seen up here?  Pasta pic is making me hungry !!
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,821 AG
    edited July 12 #5
    I've been fishing Bayport/Hernando beach for 6 years never caught one before.  My daughter wanted to keep it and I said no, that's a **** fish lol.  Fought like crazy though she was battling it.

the pasta is butter, olive oil, parsley, sauvignon blanc, lemon juice, and garlic.    I think i added a little water too.  i coated the shrimp in redfish magic too 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • JtsJts Posts: 90 Deckhand
    That is a great dinner, you guys did ok.
  • mattb78mattb78 Posts: 264 Deckhand
    A naked scalloper? Definitely indecent exposure and Citrus county likely wouldn't give him a pass considering that is a pretty traditional community. Peeing off a boat is one thing, butt naked scalloping is another.

You probably did the right thing just letting it go and getting on with your day.

But some people. We have to deal with idiot boaters and now naked scallopers?
  • butchbalbutchbal Posts: 497 Deckhand
    That's only the second chub I've seen here, the other was on a wreck in 50 foot west of Homosassa.
    Once in while you see visitors form done south. A few years ago I caught a small yellowtail snapper while Doc and I were sheepshead fishing in February and I saw a rainbow runner diving a local wreck.

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 8,996 Admiral
    A good looking bowl of seafood.