Contender 27 Cuddy

Replies

• Almost PerfectAlmost Perfect Posts: 602 Officer
    Not a bad Homosassa trout. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 5,041 Admiral
    Not a bad Homosassa trout. 
    Nice!!!  Think I see the bird rack in the background. 
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,787 Captain
    wow, you owned that place

not a boat in sight

is that a lake trout?
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,899 Captain
    Trust me, the idiots are here.....
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,673 Moderator
    Cool !
    "You'll get your weather"
    Yes, they are lake trout. We just got back from 10 days in the upper peninsula of Michigan. My wifes family is from there so we went up  to take her dad home for the final time since we couldn't do it last year with covid going on. Only got to fish one day but it was fine. It isn't the most exciting form of fishing and lake trout must not have much to live for because they don't fight at all. I cooked some up and made a big pot of cheese grits. The northerners were looking at me funny while I was cooking them but the pot was scraped clean at the end of the meal.  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
    "northerners"?

their called yankees!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,309 AG
    DOCKSIDE said:
    Trust me, the idiots are here.....
    Should be less of them this weekend with ARS open on the east coast.  
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,540 Captain
    Slacker said:
    "northerners"?

their called yankees!
    How do you get Michigan and New York confused? This Florida heat has your brain scrambled. Nice laker by the way couple of those and I'd have a mess for smoking! Slimy but my favorite trout to eat. Took a buddy out last time I was up there and he caught his first trout jigging ever even though wasn't a lake trout. Check this one out some guy caught on lake I always fish when I'm home. Pretty crazy. 
    Slacker said:
    "northerners"?

their called yankees!
    This is a farming and mining area. Lots of little bars that serve Busch Light.  Everyone in there talking fishing, hunting and what they were going to do with their side by side when they got their tax refund. Most of them were as redneck as me. I felt surprisingly at home.  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,756 Captain
    You call those lake trout?  Now this is a lake trout.   ;):D

your right there is a big difference in yankees

they are not all created equal

I know, I married one(but I did deyankeeize her)
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,540 Captain

That fish had to weigh 25lbs! Jigged for them back home all my life. Ill take em in 2-4 lb range for eating all day long. This is an old pic but probably my most enjoyable trip taking out my nephew when he was probably 7. This fish he caught legitimately would have pulled him in the water if I hadn't had ahold of his belt loop😁. Nothing better than seeing enjoyment on little dudes face. Other pic is what we caught for the day. 
    Good guess! That fish was 28 lb.  It was from Flaming Gorge Reservoir where nobody is impressed by lakers under 30 lb.  They are actually overcrowded there and the limit is 8 fish under 27" per day.  The bigger ones eat kokanee salmon there and their meat is actually pinkish in color and tasted much like Atlantic salmon.  Lakers from most other bodies of water don't have much flavor at all and they can be pretty oily in lakes where they feed on herring.  But they are good smoked and make the best gravlax of any fish I've tried. 

I used to jig for them at Lake Tahoe where you could catch 2-4 lb fish very easily.  They would come up looking like puffers and you need to deflate them before release.  They ate mostly Mysis shrimp in that lake and tasted very bland.  I really missed saltwater fish when I lived out there.  Jigging for lakers was the closest I could get to ocean fishing. I felt like I was on a methadone maintenance program when I could only fish freshwater. 

Yeah, but you have been fishing for 100 years so you have had more opportunity. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
    Only for 71 years.  Started when I was 3.  B)