Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Officially Boat-less

Well, after 8 years of owning the Pickled Pelican, and 11 years total (2 other boats) I am now without a boat. Sad but necessary in many ways.

Still want to spearfish/dive and fish, though.

So, if anyone needs another diver (SCUBA) or fisherman on board let me know - I live in New Port Richey, have 12 years diving and spearing experience, know boats inside and out, always good for ice, beer, gas money, I don't keep a lot of fish even though I usually shoot a lot, don't **** and moan, and have thousands of GPS spots to share. I have every weekend off and often have some days off during the week.

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter Moderator New Port RicheyPosts: 5,557 Moderator
    I'm right down the street from you (Actually the same street.) I  occasionally have an open spot.   I don't dive anymore but certainly fish.  PM me your contact number
  • drgibbydrgibby Senior Member Largo ,FlPosts: 1,949 Captain
    Sorry to hear that Eric.
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,680 Captain
    I thought you were downsizing...??  No boat at all now ??  That's bad news.
  • grey2112grey2112 Member Posts: 379 Deckhand
    drgibby said:
    Sorry to hear that Eric.

Thanks, man. For many reasons it was just time (got a good price due to current supply and demand) and me and the wife wanted to pay our house off and I honestly wanted a break from being the guy who was always being expected to handle owning and operating the boat.
    gogittum said:

Not bad news, just time to do something else for a while. Might end up owning again in a few years, but something different.  Hey, how's the Lowrance working out?
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,680 Captain
    grey2112 said:
    gogittum said:

Not bad news, just time to do something else for a while. Might end up owning again in a few years, but something different.  Hey, how's the Lowrance working out?
    I rigged up a power supply in the house so's I could play with it and I have some of the basic functions figured out.  I doubt I'll ever feel comfortable with the mulitude of menus, but we'll see. 

The new / old 16 ft boat is almost ready for the water and got the mounting bracket built yesterday...but only for the chart function.  Yankeetown or Barge Canal will be likely early launches.

Won't be using the transducer at 1st.  I'd like to find a cheap, basic function transducer to show depth only, until I start hitting salt water with it.  I also bought a StrikeZone chip for it.
  • noonenoone Posts: 5 Deckhand
    edited June 2021 #9
    I just started fishing last December and have a lot to learn but am absolutely addicted. I’m in town and have a couple of Freedom Boats reserved. Not sure how tomorrow is going to work out due to this afternoon rain though but I’m going to try to head offshore both days to those public numbers Clearwater reefs. Let me know if you want to join for either. 

Thank you - work unfortunately has me hogtied for the next 2 weeks -
  • HookedUp330HookedUp330 Tarpon Springs, FL.Posts: 39 Deckhand
    I'm right down the road from you in tarpon springs. Been trying to figure out that shallow water grouper thing up your way, always looking for people who want to go. I don't dive but your more then welcome to bring your stuff and do so. 
    I'm right down the road from you in tarpon springs. Been trying to figure out that shallow water grouper thing up your way, always looking for people who want to go. I don't dive but your more then welcome to bring your stuff and do so. 

Thank you!  Shallow water grouper trolling is great in the winter - we have gotten our best gags in Nov-Dec. And it always helps to have a diver on board for anchor pulling, hog fish, and just checking out the bottom.
    Trolling for them is what I wanna do. Like anything i know it all about location location location... I just need to put some time in and find some spots. 
    Last time we hooked them up it was over a public reef (Pasco 2) in December - surrounded by dozens of boats at anchor. We had fun making those guys cuss at us :)

edited July 2021 #15
    I figured till it cools off some not to waist time even trying. I don't like running 50-60 miles offshore but can't find ARS any closer with any size. So till it closes that's what I'll do. Then try to find some hog fish
    I figured till it cools off some not to waist time even trying. I don't like running 50-60 miles offshore but can't find ARS any closer with any size. So till it closes that's what I'll do. Then try to find some hog fish
    Good plan