Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Selling my Regulator!

MulletFordMulletFord Posts: 211 Deckhand
She has been a good boat and will be missed, but I am looking to move into a waterfront home or a home with property to build a workshop before I invest so much time into a boat. I feel bad for her getting used only 12x a year. Trailering from south Tampa has also proven to be a massive pain in the ****.

Which for those of you who have sold higher ticket items, which outlet is the best to sell from?

Check out my THT add and let me know what you think.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/1169807-regulator-24fs-w-twin-yamaha.html

Regulator 24fs
23' Pursuit CC
"Aint no point getting out of bed if you aint living the dream" - Sturgill Simpson 

Replies

• CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 2,678 Captain
    HullTruth will get a lot of eyes on it.  I sold my last boat via there.  That would be your best bet to start with since it is relatively free (just have to join admirals club or whatever it is called).  Might as well throw it on cragslist.  Facebook marketplace seems like it is getting a pretty good footing if you have facebook.  Then last resort put it on the pay sites but you will get a lot of looks on hulltruth.  It limits you though to doing "bump" to once a week or something so it goes down the list pretty quickly but from what I have seen, if it is priced right, it will sell quickly.
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • MulletFordMulletFord Posts: 211 Deckhand
    HullTruth will get a lot of eyes on it.  I sold my last boat via there.  That would be your best bet to start with since it is relatively free (just have to join admirals club or whatever it is called).  Might as well throw it on cragslist.  Facebook marketplace seems like it is getting a pretty good footing if you have facebook.  Then last resort put it on the pay sites but you will get a lot of looks on hulltruth.  It limits you though to doing "bump" to once a week or something so it goes down the list pretty quickly but from what I have seen, if it is priced right, it will sell quickly.
    I never realized how much sales traffic there was on THT until I posted it. I was always just a reader in other forums. Hoping to get some good visibility on it and it def gets buried quickly. It is not for sale till July 10, but have already had a few people from THT inquire. 
    Regulator 24fs
    23' Pursuit CC
    "Aint no point getting out of bed if you aint living the dream" - Sturgill Simpson 
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 2,678 Captain
    You will get 1000's of views.  Good luck.
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • Baldy00Baldy00 Posts: 37 Deckhand
    Thehulltruth is great. Especially a quality boat like your. I found my current boat on thehulltruth.

On the flip side, I sold my older boat in 3 hours positing it on facebook marketplace. It wasn't as nice as your boat and it definitely wasn't as expensive.
  • jbsrqjbsrq Posts: 239 Deckhand
    Another bump for the Hulltruth, I have bought and sold boats there. Good point by CaptainBly to bump it once a week or update the post periodically with new info or pictures as it's a very high traffic page so it will move down the list quickly. I believe the forum moderators will give you flack if you "bump" it more than once a week. Good luck!
  • SmoothwaterSmoothwater Posts: 192 Deckhand
    Yep hull truth , bought and sold a couple there.  Thats a quality sled and should sell fast.

Good luck on the home!  We found one 2 blocks from the water with a 1/2 acre in st pete.  Took some looking but there are some gems out there.  
    Everglades 243