Home Off Topic

Sunday Snake..... I literally saved this one's life...

2»

Replies

• JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 9,114 Admiral
    OGF said:
    At the point you said that, I would have killed the snake just to spite you for being disrespectful to an old man. Did you really say that to him?
    So the snake gets killed for a human being disrespectful to another human... Nice logic. 
    Yep. Human old man is worth infinitely more than the snake. The human has a soul. The snake is a disposable biological robot. It serves a purpose, but its not worth being a jerk to another human being over. It would have been possible to save the snake without being a jerk. 

You are a jerk on here quite often..... So....
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 4,320 Captain
    OGF said:
    OGF said:
    At the point you said that, I would have killed the snake just to spite you for being disrespectful to an old man. Did you really say that to him?
    So the snake gets killed for a human being disrespectful to another human... Nice logic. 
    Yep. Human old man is worth infinitely more than the snake. The human has a soul. The snake is a disposable biological robot. It serves a purpose, but its not worth being a jerk to another human being over. It would have been possible to save the snake without being a jerk. 
    You said you would kill the snake just to spite the other human.

Has nothing to do with saving the old man, he was not in danger, in fact he should have just stayed in the truck and kept on driving.

I will leave the "soul" discussion for another thread.

All that was needed was to scare the snake back in the bushes, but your tough guy answer was to pull out your gun and shoot it because someone joked about what an old man said... 
    You beat me there. I'd be doing the same thing I'm criticizing him for. 
    edited June 8 #34
    OGF said:

You are a jerk on here quite often..... So....
    I don't think so. I just argue my point and don't back down on the substance of my argument. I hardly ever make personal attacks or anything that a reasonable person would construe as such. 

People may get mad because they can't argue me down. But that doesn't mean I'm being a jerk. 
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 9,114 Admiral
    OGF said:
    OGF said:

Has nothing to do with saving the old man, he was not in danger, in fact he should have just stayed in the truck and kept on driving.

All that was needed was to scare the snake back in the bushes, but your tough guy answer was to pull out your gun and shoot it because someone joked about what an old man said... 

I had fun.... You mentioned me picking on an old man. I am an old man myself...

And yea I readily admit, I was making sport of the guy.... He had me hooked when he said Diamondhead Rattler... When he said Kilt...... It was more than I cared to resist....
    OGF said:
    OGF said:

I had fun.... You mentioned me picking on an old man. I am an old man myself...

And yea I readily admit, I was making sport of the guy.... He had me hooked when he said Diamondhead Rattler... When he said Kilt...... It was more than I cared to resist....
    Well like was pointed out, if I killed the snake to spite you, I’m doing the same. Giving in to a temptation I ought not to. A temptation I really ought not to have to begin with that I’m guilty of due to want whether I follow through or not. So I really can’t argue the point anymore. 
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 2,735 Captain
    This one didn’t get a pass. Was in the neighbor’s yard. Her small dog alerted her just in time. Too many toddlers here almost daily. I regularly walk the yards to hopefully remove or eliminate any others.
    This one got a pass. He was on a woods road in a WMA I was scouting.
  • bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 1,499 Officer
    swampdog said:
    This one didn’t get a pass. Was in the neighbor’s yard. Her small dog alerted her just in time. Too many toddlers here almost daily. I regularly walk the yards to hopefully remove or eliminate any

When you kill it do you make anything out of the skin?

I have a friend that uses the skin for facing on his handmade bows. I usually skin them out, we save the meat for a camping trip. I use the rattles when delivering a safety talk at work designed to educate the non outdoor types on the potential dangers of living among snakes, Gators, biting, and stinging insects.