Bad Manners

2»

Replies

• altuckaltuck TallahasseePosts: 340 Deckhand
    ANUMBER1 said:
    if it's too loud you're too old
    I'm too old!
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,517 Captain
    You should’ve “peddled or pedaled” that whippersnappers butt! 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • Sixth GenerationSixth Generation Posts: 910 Officer
    Sounds you have met the local w.h.i.g.g.e.r.  Welcome to Florida Gogitum...  big truck, shiny rims, low back end lifted front.  
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,723 Captain
    Around here it's ATCs. They come from Hialeah to ride in the country. Sundays is like a race way starting at 5 pm. They ride for hours, they don't stay in one place but there is almost always a large group and they seem to compete for loudest exhaust.
     There is also a new trend with exhaust on diesels and rice burners. Both sound like crap.
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,485 AG
    thank god no ones mentioned train horns, those guys are obnoxious 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 14,473 Moderator
    I lived next to a crossing for a few years. After a while just tuned it out....mostly.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 2,014 Captain
    edited May 27 #38
    Gary S said:
    Around here it's ATCs. They come from Hialeah to ride in the country. Sundays is like a race way starting at 5 pm. They ride for hours, they don't stay in one place but there is almost always a large group and they seem to compete for loudest exhaust.
     There is also a new trend with exhaust on diesels and rice burners. Both sound like crap.
    I loved the sound of my Dodge Cummins, but the new straight pipes fad sounds to me like a long, drawn out f.a.r.t.  Unpleasant.

The rice wagons with those loud exhausts....??  Sounds to me more like a razzberry thru a wet a.n.u.s.  Ugly.

This area is mostly big swamps with ponds, lakes, canals, etc, with clumps of houses in cul-de-sacs in between.  The big thing here is airboats.  Lots and lots of airboats and the noise has become a fairly steady background......and they are LOUD.
  • tankeredtankered Gainesvill, FlPosts: 1,025 Officer
    tag said:
    I hate music while fishing. I bought a used boat that has a stereo system. I pulled the fuse and I tell everyone it doesn’t work. 

That is great! 

I absolutely hate music while fishing as well, was down in the keys a few years back and my friends (and brother) just kept wanting to jam the tunes while on the boat. 

Finally they could see how honestly pissed off I was getting and relented, but it took a while and they still didn't really get it. 
  • GardawgGardawg The Sportfishing Capital Of The WorldPosts: 12,306 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    George Thorogood and the Destroyers makes me drive like A.J. Floyd.

I was listening to a NASCAR race while driving through Miami.  It wasn't long before I was racing a couple of hot hatches up the Turnpike.  Felt like I was in the Cup race.  Went on like that for a while but then I slowed down.  They kept going. It was fun while it lasted. 
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • GardawgGardawg The Sportfishing Capital Of The WorldPosts: 12,306 AG
    I stayed for a short while in a trailer next to some very busy and fast train tracks and across the street from the heliport that serviced offshore rigs.

When a train went by at the same time a helicopter was landing or taking off the thing would sway like a hula dancer. 

Morgan City

"Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers