Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Gunsmith in Broward/ palm Beach?

bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 2,051 Captain
I need my shotgun drilled and tapped, anyone have a gunsmith they would recommend? Called a place in plantation and they wanted $200 to drill 2 holes, seems a bit high.

Replies

• th19999th19999 Posts: 257 Deckhand
    I hear you regarding finding competent gunsmith. A few years ago I had a gunsmith at a long established gun store here in West Palm Beach totally butcher up replacing a front sight on a Ruger 77/357. It looked like he took a hammer and nail to punch it out and did not know that the sight only comes in and out one way. The sight was so butchered along with being torqued and off center it was inoperable and embarrassing and I shelved the gun for a while. I was in disbelief that someone could totally mess up such a simple task on a basic rifle part that is common!!

A few years later I purchased a rifle (Ruger 44 Carbine) from FMZ Guns in Miami. Upon me going in person to purchase I spoke with the owner and he is a certified gunsmith. He redid the front sight that the previous guy messed up along with a few other minor things that needed to be done on other firearms as I had no-one to bring them to. With his machining the front dovetail groove was made true again and looks better than new. Also it seemed that the cost was pretty fair.

I saw his shop and everything looked nice including some of his personal projects. They are a father and son shop with the son doing the gunsmithing. 

Sorry for the long response. But I would recommend FMZ guns for gunsmithing even if it is a far drive for you. If you call them tell him that the guy that came in with his CZ 527 with the bolt parts in a bag (as I could not re assemble those CZ bolts are a bit complicated) said hi.

FMZ Guns 
    7062 NW 50th St, Miami, FL 33166 
    305 597-7380
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 2,051 Captain
    Thanks for the recommendation. If I can’t get it done locally I will give them a call... I appreciate it!