Home Angler On Foot

Sarasota bridges or piers

bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 638 Officer
Anybody know good bridges, piers, or wading spots fir sheepshead, mackerel, blues, or snook? Just getting into boat less fishing in srq area!:grin
Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.

Replies

• onemorecastonemorecast Posts: 52 Deckhand
    Venice Pier seasonally, Anna Maria and Rod and Reel in Manatee county. Skip the one in Sarasota Bay by the bridge... Almost all bridges are unfishable... Check Google Earth for cuts and grass flats for areas near each pass and bridge. Venice jetties, some seawalls...Wading is the best way to go... The airport area has well known bay accesses at the end of some streets. Lots of options! Good luck! Again, Google Earth is your friend... Manatee's part of the bay has healthier grass flats, Snead's Island at the mouth of the manatee rivier... etc, etc.
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 638 Officer
    Thanks man! I will try the wading down by blackburn pt in Sarasota bay
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • jakejake Posts: 326 Deckhand
    definitely scour google earth to see some of the bottom and figure out where you can park. I usually fish out of a boat but when I need a quick trip I have been wading more and more lately. When you wade in places like Whitfield, just be courteous about where you park and be all smiles and waves. Don't give fisherman a bad name.

HOWEVER, near the south lido kayak ramp is a grass flat loaded with redfish. The lady who lives in the house on the end claims it is her property and will call the cops for trespassing. Last time I checked, anything that is covers with water at low tide is public land but, regardless, she calls the cops every time. It's a great place to fish otherwise. There's a pole about 100 yards off her seawall that she claims is the edge of the property..she's a grade-a pain in the ***, entitled snob...you know the kind if you've been in sarasota long.

Tight lines, shoot me a pm if you have any more questions
  • poon.huntpoon.hunt Posts: 63 Deckhand
    haha. That lady sucks, I usually ignore her and just keep walking.
  • baitbusterbaitbuster Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    There Is no fish to be found at South Lido Park, Never has been! go to the Saprito pier by Harts Landing and bring a Cane Pole and hot dogs...non stop action!