Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Found some jacks on Saturday

Spent most of the day catch and release trying to get some big ones.   For some reason we all thought red grouper and scamp were closed past 20 fathoms.  Stupid!   Had we known that they weren’t wed have boxed the first 4 jacks and then gone grouper fishing.  Oh well.  
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 13,764 Moderator
    Those are some pretty filets and a good day on the water.

How do your shoulders feel?

That the new boat?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• MissedMissed O-townPosts: 470 Deckhand
    That's a great day IMO.  Love me some AJ steaks. 

Thankfully most folks think they and kingfish are trash fish.  I'll take either over grouper any time.
  • TheSuperApeTheSuperApe Posts: 13 Deckhand
    Looks like a fun day and a nice meat haul.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,665 Moderator
    Those are some pretty filets and a good day on the water.

How do your shoulders feel?

That the new boat?
    Shoulders ain’t bad.  Had no sharks and they were way up in water, so we didn’t have to pull too hard.  

Buddy’s boat.  New boat starts the trip down next Sunday.  I drive the first crew, tools, etc up next Friday.  
  • KHNCKHNC Posts: 15 Deckhand
    That mask looks like it worked great while outside!!! Awesome job of being prepared! 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 13,764 Moderator
    KHNC said:
    That mask looks like it worked great while outside!!! Awesome job of being prepared! 
    I think the mask was a joke.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Tony RomaTony Roma Posts: 1,007 Officer
    This is a fishing forum and the guy points out the mask, not the amazing weather, not the sweet boat and not the giant fish. He notices the mask. I don’t care if the guy was wearing a banana costume with a pink to-to. Congratulations on the great day at sea and the freezer full. 
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,193 Admiral
    Awesome catch!
    How deep were you catching the AJ's?
    Mask... not so much.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,665 Moderator
    Awesome catch!
    How deep were you catching the AJ's?
    Mask... not so much.
    Pretty deep.  Like 350.