Home Boating

Andros Offshore 32 Build

124»

Replies

• gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 2,469 Captain
    rudyeng said:
    Thanks for following up for me !!   I really appreciate that.

I think a reasonable build time is around 6-8 months for the Andros Offshore 32 but they need to tell the buyer upfront.  The boat is absolutely fantastic and the ride is great in head & following seas. The design, functionality and workmanship on the Andros is top notch.

Andy actually stepped it up during the final phase of construction. We added a few items and he took care of them immediately.
    You had expected it to be ready for the weekend, and i assume that was this weekend just finished.....??  Sounds like you were finally able to actually get a ride in your new boat ??  Man, I hope so - it's been a long time coming.  You're a patient man.
  • rudyengrudyeng Posts: 421 Deckhand
    edited March 22 #93
    I just delayed it another week by changing my electronics package but the touch screen technology of the other brands did not work well for me. I like the pad on the Furuno TZT12F much better. 

I test drove Andy's personal boat in Sarasota with 20 mph winds and good sized waves. Head seas, following seas and drifting. 

One of the best handling boats that i have ever experienced in it's class.
    Love the boat. It's is so well designed and performs great.  I have a few minor issues related to Mercury vessel view. Not 100% sure how much fuel the boat has in the tanks & that drives me nuts.  The boat has 3 fuel tanks and the computer calculates everything but i think it's getting it's burn # from the motors and using the fill data entered by me to do the math.

I don't think vessel view communicates with the senders.  I want to see if i can add 3 old school fuel gauges. I need to dumb it down a little.
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 3,303 Captain
    great looking rig!  sucks for the delays, but it will make it better once you get her wet
  • cortrcortr Posts: 442 Deckhand
    In order to get the most accurate reading on vesselview, you need to calibrate the fuel tank(s). It does require you to start out with empty tanks. With fuel tank empty, record as 0. Depending on tank size, add 25% of total capacity and record as 25%, then add another 25% and record as 50%, add another 25% and record as 75%, and add final 25% and record as 100%. (If you had 200 gal. tank, you would add 50 gallons at a time. There are detailed instructions as to the process in vesselview manual or pdf on Mercury website. All info is entered on one screen under Settings/Mercury/Tanks/Calibration 
  • GeneakersGeneakers West Palm BeachPosts: 285 Deckhand
    Beautiful ride.. super envious,,, grats Rudyeng
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 10,779 AG
    I’m glad that you’re happy even though the wait was longer than you expected. Looks like a beautiful boat. Must be a wonderful feeling.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• cranker789cranker789 MiamiPosts: 435 Deckhand
    man that thing is beautiful.... enjoy it! im sure the ride is amazing
  • louislouis Posts: 74 Deckhand
    She is a beauty.  Now you have to make up for all of the lost time.
    Thanks guys for all the support.  Trying to get the Furuno's to communicate with the Vessel view controller (Simrad) and figuring out the fuel senders. In the process of creating custom screens with the Furuno's.  I got the system about 90% done.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,275 AG
    cortr said:
    In order to get the most accurate reading on vesselview, you need to calibrate the fuel tank(s). It does require you to start out with empty tanks. With fuel tank empty, record as 0. Depending on tank size, add 25% of total capacity and record as 25%, then add another 25% and record as 50%, add another 25% and record as 75%, and add final 25% and record as 100%. (If you had 200 gal. tank, you would add 50 gallons at a time. There are detailed instructions as to the process in vesselview manual or pdf on Mercury website. All info is entered on one screen under Settings/Mercury/Tanks/Calibration 
    I wonder if that's the same for Suzuki because my sending unit is way off and i topped it off Sunday
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    Suzuki fuel management is very tricky. I actually ran out of fuel on my old boat.  Paid 1k for 5 gallons of gas but i was with my daughter and she gets sea sick so i just paid it. Then joined one of the towing companies.  My insurance would actually cover that but i never submit a claim unless is worth it.

I filed one claim 20 years ago for about $ 2,400  on contender. Medical issue (Stuck hook) hospital removed it. They doubled my rate then did not renew me the following year.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,275 AG
    rudyeng said:
    Suzuki fuel management is very tricky. I actually ran out of fuel on my old boat.  Paid 1k for 5 gallons of gas but i was with my daughter and she gets sea sick so i just paid it. Then joined one of the towing companies.  My insurance would actually cover that but i never submit a claim unless is worth it.

I filed one claim 20 years ago for about $ 2,400  on contender. Medical issue (Stuck hook) hospital removed it. They doubled my rate then did not renew me the following year.

What i did find is i can reset the fuel meter, basically telling me how much fuel the motor has used every trip.  That gives me a good idea of how much i've got left if the tank is full and i reset when i leave the ramp.   I've got towboat us.   Probably not going to cancel it any time soon.  for 180 i've got piece of mind even with a new motor i won't be stranded. 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    Take a look at one of my racors. (Dark fuel). That motor could not reach max rpm. I drained it today hopefully that was the issue. Strange both motors running from the center tank and one picked up all the junk. Hopefully i fixed the issue.I did a separate post but added it here also. Makes no sense. Dual pickups same tank.

I wanted up update you on the boat since I've had a lot of time on the water. I itemized the positive & Negatives below.  Running Twin Verados V-8 300 hp

Positives
    1.Very impressed with the craftsmanship, Attention to detail, Design, functionality
    2. Ride is absolutely fantastic. WOT feels solid & totally in control. Max 55 mph
    3. Best riding boat I have ever owned in the 33' class
    4. Verado V-8 300 are fantastic. Power steering is amazing
    5. Rigging and hardware are top notch.

Negatives
    1. They missed a minor scratch. Not a big deal anyone could just buff it out but it's annoying. 
    2. I still do not have my registration and that paperwork was turned in 30 days ago.  FWC stopped me and told me i had 30 days to use the boat without my FL #'s