Home Conservation Front

Seaspiracy, commercial fishing documentary.

Paul_APaul_A FloridaPosts: 10 Deckhand
On Netflix. Anyone else see it? Thoughts?

Replies

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,455 AG
    another Hollyweird liberal vegetarian trying to turn the population away from meat/seafood?

Similar to this load of bull sheif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowspiracy
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,285 AG
    ANUMBER1 said:
    another Hollyweird liberal vegetarian trying to turn the population away from meat/seafood?

Similar to this load of bull sheif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowspiracy
    I watched it last night.   The thing about plastic is true.   There is a crap ton of it in the ocean.   But the show is so slanted, and so biased that it gives no alternative other than just not eating meat, of ANY kind.  I'm not going to live my life eating fungus and mold spores.   
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 12,281 AG
    God made me with teeth so I'm gonna use 'em.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,455 AG
    God made me with teeth so I'm gonna use 'em.
    even if they ain't yours????
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • clarosaclarosa Posts: 876 Officer
    I saw it the other day and it seems to have a lot of opinions, being portrayed as "facts". Very slanted and fear mongering doc, especially with the shark argument. Anyone who has been on the water for more than 20 years will tell you there are more sharks out there now than ever. They AREN'T going extinct anytime soon.  The foolishness of trying to exclaim fish aren't very healthy to eat and contain all kinds of metals is just asinine. End of rant. 
    SnappaSlappa jigs, Made By Fisherman FOR fisherman

https://snappaslappa.com/collections/jigs
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 1,032 Officer
    Correction, some shark species have become very numerous, especially the coastal sharks like Sandbar and Bull.  But other species like Cuban Night Shark and Long-fin Mako are almost non-existent in our waters.  Cuban Night Shark used to be one of the most common species we encountered when longlining for swords in the 70s.  Although we releasede all our sharks back then, apparently others did not and now they are virtually gone from our waters.  Globally, it is true that sharks are being overfished.  You can't just look at what's happening here and assume that the same thing is going on everywhere in the world.  Overfishing for some species is real.
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,787 Captain
    Had to turn if off as soon as Capt. Peter Peckerstead came on............... 
  • clarosaclarosa Posts: 876 Officer
    Do I think there is commercialized overfishing in a lot of other countries, absolutely....is it worldwide and is all fish bad to eat like they try to insinuate? Absolutely false. Just because sharks in certain countries are overfished does not mean they are everywhere. Maybe the sharks have adapted and moved on from those area's and concentrated in others. I actively dive all over Florida, the keys and Caribbean and they are NOT endangered everywhere. Only in certain places. 
    SnappaSlappa jigs, Made By Fisherman FOR fisherman

https://snappaslappa.com/collections/jigs
  • diverdandiverdan jacksonville flPosts: 36 Deckhand
    **** the ocean for a can of "tuna" such a waste.