Home Navionics

Simrad GO XSE touchscreen not working

LuisAucarLuisAucar Miami, FLPosts: 1 Greenhorn
edited March 2019 in Navionics #1
My Simrad GO XSE touchscreen has stopped working. When I start the unit it goes to the disclaimer screen and I can't hit the accept button. When I hit the power button the center icons come on but again nothing happens when I hit the screen. All I can do is force shutdown by pressing and holding the power button.

Replies

• Eric BEric B Posts: 134 Deckhand
    This might sound ridiculous but it happened to me: Make sure you do not have it set for night settings on a very low level. I was out one night and set the screen to the lowest night setting and the next day I thought the machine was not working. My wife recalled that we had set the low night light setting and we stumbled back to that setting and turned it off
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 861 Officer
    If that doesn't work, call Simrad and tell their Customer Service that it's not coming on. That's crazy. 
  • spedster25spedster25 DFWPosts: 1 Greenhorn
    What was the end result?  Mine started doing the same thing today.
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 2,016 Captain
    Eric B said:
    This might sound ridiculous but it happened to me: Make sure you do not have it set for night settings on a very low level. I was out one night and set the screen to the lowest night setting and the next day I thought the machine was not working. My wife recalled that we had set the low night light setting and we stumbled back to that setting and turned it off
    Exact same thing happened to me with my Lowrance GPS.  After a night drive it wouldn't turn on......same reason.  Hit the brightness button several times and it was back to normal.

Ooops, belay that - just re-read the OP and he is seeing icons......??