Hunting SxS Honda vs Can-am
Issues to date running 30" Cryptid tires
Honda pioneer 1000
1. Honda blew the transmission $ 2,400 cost
2. Honda could not turn 30" tires well in the Corbett sand
3. Honda gear dogs had a hard time with Corbett sand. you really had to be careful shifting
4. Honda felt under powered but it was not designed to run 30" tires.
1. I was worried about the belt and slippage. Purchased a spare belt with removal tool & cover wrench. Belt has not been an issue. The spare belt cost $ 135. I have inspected the belt and it still looks new.
2. Added front & rear windows so the air intake on the Xmr picks up a lot of dirt. I added a pre-filter mesh and clean it after every ride
3. The defender air box collects a lot of dust. Not an issue for me because i service it every couple of rides.
Both are great SxS but i prefer the can-am Defender Xmr