Home Off Topic

The wife's at a drag show, not cars.

AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,980 Admiral
The wife and three friends are on a girls trip to Savannah Georgia. She texted me tonight they're going to a drag queen show. I don't know why girls like these things? Wouldn't you think that that they would want to go to a male strip show? When me and my wife were in our twenties she played on a softball team that all the girls went to a drag show after the game. I'm not complaining just seems unusual to me. How about your gal does she like drag shows? I've known several others as well.

Replies

• dave44dave44 Posts: 15,540 AG
  • GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 13,517 AG
    Sometimes gals just wanna go to a bar and tie one on. 
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 11,104 AG
    When you figure out a woman. please let me know. I haven't had any luck.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 4,743 Captain
    Why don’t you just ask her what the appeal is? 
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,980 Admiral
    Yep!
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 38,986 AG
    A lot of women like drag shows and even gay bars because it is a safe environment. At least that was what my ex-wife said. They don't have to worry guys trying to hit on them since most of the guys there aren't into women. Great place to drink, be entertained, and not have worry about drunk guys.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• dave44dave44 Posts: 15,540 AG
    cadman said:
    A lot of women like drag shows and even gay bars because it is a safe environment. At least that was what my ex-wife said. They don't have to worry guys trying to hit on them since most of the guys there aren't into women. Great place to drink, be entertained, and not have worry about drunk guys.
    What about mr goodbar?
    cadman said:
    I think you hit the nail on the head. They are all married and just want to have a good time.
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 3,562 Captain
    My wife and friends went to some drag show somewhere in south Florida. It was for a bachelorette party I think. She had a good time and said the show was fun as they sang and danced.

Does she or doesn't she ... only her hairdresser knows for sure.

"Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 17,673 Moderator
    edited February 2021 #14
    Gardawg said:

Every time I see AC post, I'll think about this picture. He's a lot skinnier than I thought.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

edited February 2021 #15
    Gardawg said:

Every time I see AC post, I'll think about this picture. He's a lot skinnier than I thought.
    Lol. What does that mean? I'm 6-2 295 lbs and old
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 9,343 Admiral
    T h ats oour old friend popeye.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 7,230 Admiral
    Maybe she really didn't want to go she just went because it was easier than declining and staying at the hotel by herself and answering a bunch of questions as to why she didn't go.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Maybe she really didn't want to go she just went because it was easier than declining and staying at the hotel by herself and answering a bunch of questions as to why she didn't go.
    Oh no. As I said earlier she loves that sort of thing it just didn't happen here in Ocala. I just spoke to her and her and the girls all had a fantastic time. I'm glad for it.
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,380 Officer
    That is because when you think you have them figured out, they do or say something that throws all your theories out the window!
    Member #10822
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,724 Captain
    edited February 2021 #20

I swear you’re the real life Hank Hill, AC. 😆  Every thread you create reminds me of a “king of the hill” episode. (It’s a cartoon on the television). 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 3,351 Captain
    You have seen your wife nude - right? Just want to make sure she’s going just for the novelty... ;)
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,377 Moderator
    Wife and daughter took a road trip to explore various colleges when daughter was a senior in High School. Stopped in New Orleans and daughter had to point out to wife that the "women" they were looking at were not in fact women
    edited February 2021 #23

I swear you’re the real life Hank Hill, AC. 😆  Every thread you create reminds me of a “king of the hill” episode. (It’s a cartoon on the television). 
    What does my wife and her girlfriends. All state-licensed in the medical field on vacation going to a drag show have to do with Hank Hill?
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 9,343 Admiral
    My wife worked food and beverage at Holiday Inn for over 20 yrs.  She always said the nurses would have the wildest parties.
  • L8RBRAL8RBRA Posts: 792 Officer
    stc1993 said:
    My wife worked food and beverage at Holiday Inn for over 20 yrs.  She always said the nurses would have the wildest parties.
    That and school teachers. Them girls are nuts when out of their element of the classroom.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 11,104 AG
    I guess using that logic, when strippers and prostitutes go out to party they are boring. Probably go to pot luck dinners at the Church. Maybe a little bingo to kick things up a notch.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

They like to go water skiing on Lake Lanier on Sunday morning. 

That's what someone told me. 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 17,673 Moderator
    I had several houseboats on Lanier over the years. Sunday morning out on an island was interesting.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,732 Captain
    It has been my experience that there's a wild filly harnessed somewhere inside every mare. Some just need a little more prodding and encouragement to let it out.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,724 Captain
    Big Mak said:
    It has been my experience that there's a wild filly harnessed somewhere inside every mare. Some just need a little more prodding and encouragement to let it out.
    Yep, I agree. Mine likes her hair pulled and left (my left) **** gently nibbled. I do that and hold on! 😆 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • JohnABJohnAB APOPKAPosts: 238 Deckhand
    AC Man said:
    Yep!

My pappy told me by the time you can read a woman like a book, you're too old to start a library.