Home Photography Corner

We seem to be having a burst of refurb threads - here is another one - Nikon DSLRs

I got an email to this web page. The flood in Thailand was devastating.....to prices.

These are reburbs, but at least they have inventory.

Nikon D3100, D5100 and D7000

http://www.photographybay.com/2011/12/07/nikon-d3100-d5100-and-d7000-refurbished-deals/

Replies

• kudzukudzu Posts: 245 Deckhand
    I checked the price of a Nikon 70-200/2.8 months ago and almost choked. That sucker has skyrocketed in price! I didn't even want to look at the 300/2.8.
    Team Fishbusters
    Twitter @redfshwhisperer
    - Pelican Eclipse 116
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    A Nikon 300mm 2.8 ans a 1.4 tele will be my new bird set up.....unless I take a job out west then I am afraid I will have to spring for the 500mm 4.

To answer your question, don't look but you can buy a used 300mm 2.8 AF-S for about $3,500-ish if you shop.

The new 300 2.8, in shrink-wrap is like $5,100! Silly.

Oh, and your point about the 70-200 is well taken, I think it is overpriced.

I bought the new model Sigma in April for about 2/3 the price. I researched closely and technical reports are that the new Sigma is very close to equal in image quality. I am very satisfied with my copy.
  • GTSRGTSR Posts: 750 Officer
    I bought a Sigma 70-200 2.8 and am happy with it too!!!!
  • kudzukudzu Posts: 245 Deckhand
    I have an older Sigma and it's an absolutely awesome lens. I've taken literally thousands of shots through it (I think my D2H has over 70K images on the shutter). I don't like Sigma's lower end lenses but their HSM series rocked. Not sure if that's a current production line or not, though. Unfortunately my baby is rattling and about to fall apart. I really need to send it in for repair. Then again I need to get my shutter replaced also. That's finally started going out on me. :-(
    Team Fishbusters
    Twitter @redfshwhisperer
    - Pelican Eclipse 116
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt