Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Bloody Mary recipe

got on a bloody mary kick today. need a killer recipe. anybody got one.
le se' bon ton roulet

Replies

• smooth movesmooth move Posts: 502 Officer
    added some beef bullion and tabasco to zing zang today. not too bad, but i've had better.
    le se' bon ton roulet
  • lakemanlakeman Posts: 802 Officer
    V8 spicy drink with other Bloody mary ingredients is good, premixed stuff is ok.  Try it with Tequila, it gives it a kinda earthy taste and has become my overall favorite.  I think it is called a Bloody Maria
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 14,283 AG
    V8 Spicy, titos vodka, splash of pickle juice, bleu cheese stuffed olives, dash of franks red hot sauce, celery salt.   
    don't overthink it.   
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
    V8 Spicy, titos vodka, splash of pickle juice, bleu cheese stuffed olives, dash of franks red hot sauce, celery salt.   
    don't overthink it.   

pickle juice! that's what i was missing.
    le se' bon ton roulet
    lakeman said:
    V8 spicy drink with other Bloody mary ingredients is good, premixed stuff is ok.  Try it with Tequila, it gives it a kinda earthy taste and has become my overall favorite.  I think it is called a Bloody Maria
    i do use Tequila from time to time-----it's very good. also do Tequila and orange sometimes

le se' bon ton roulet
    orange juice. can't edit my post.
    le se' bon ton roulet
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 14,283 AG
    don't overthink it.   

pickle juice! that's what i was missing.
    I only use Claussen pickles their juice is the best for Bloody marys.   First had it at a Mellow mushroom and it is a game changer in the bloody mary world. 
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
  • tarpon41tarpon41 Posts: 265 Deckhand
    The most important ingredient is Smirnoff 100 proof  and if you are of sufficient age above 55, to drink cask strength Scotch neat then over proof white Jamaican Rum and lunch it with celery stalk and two jumbo Key West pinks
    tarpon41 said:
    The most important ingredient is Smirnoff 100 proof  and if you are of sufficient age above 55, to drink cask strength Scotch neat then over proof white Jamaican Rum and lunch it with celery stalk and two jumbo Key West pinks

dang! that's starting to sound like a moltov cocktail, but, hell, i'll drink anything.
    le se' bon ton roulet
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 8,481 Admiral
    At some point a drink may become a food item. I've seen many things in Bloody Marys. As I said in another thread, I like them with clamato juice instead of regular V8 or tomato juice. A piece of celery is ok for a swizzle stick but the rest of the stuff, I'd rather eat separately.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• catchemupcatchemup Posts: 382 Deckhand
    strongly second the clamato juice and add a pepperocino and big olive on a toothpick.