Home Off Topic

Luke Letlow dies from Covid 19

cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 38,971 AG
Congress elect from Louisiana. Guy was only 41 years old, no pre-existing conditions and in great health. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Replies

• anglerplusanglerplus MiccoPosts: 1,285 Officer
    Can we merge all the covid threads. 
    Thanks in advance. 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 17,665 Moderator
    Can we merge all the covid threads. 
    Thanks in advance. 
    Where's the fun in that? 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,477 AG
    Heart attack after a "procedure".  

But Covid.  
    Warning Level 2
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 38,971 AG
    SAENole said:

But Covid.  
    He had to have the procedure due to the Covid he caught. He had no previous heart issues. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 13,512 AG
    Inconvenient Hoax 

"Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 4,922 Captain
    Ghali previously said Letlow was being treated with the antiviral drug Remdesivir and steroids. Asked if Letlow had any underlying conditions that would have made his death more likely, Ghali said in a text message, "none. All COVID related." 
  • tankeredtankered Gainesvill, FlPosts: 1,241 Officer
    The sky is falling. 
  • acmannnacmannn Punta GordaPosts: 28 Deckhand
    I am a fisherman, came here to share my knowledge.

But I see this thread, and have to share a personal experience.

10-12 days ago.....

I had a neighbor for 6 years, he was 75-80, thin, in perfect health.

He could be difficult, but we were cordial.

His son, bank president, his daughters, school principal and teacher, respectively.

I go fishing for a few days in DR, come back, my wife says the neighbor died of the virus!

Day I come back, new car, new appliances, new everything for the widow.

I truly wonder how many "virus deaths" were insurance related.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,309 AG
    New appliances?  So you've been inside the house already???   Cleaning her pipes?
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    She killed her husband to get new appliances and blamed it on Covid, 

Mini Mart Magnate

• acmannnacmannn Punta GordaPosts: 28 Deckhand
    cadman said:
    She killed her husband to get new appliances and blamed it on Covid, 
    Exactly.

• GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 13,512 AG
    Old men do not die 'unexpectedly' ... just like an old car they can stop running at any moment ... even a muscle car.

Don't tell TRT or he'll be on that like the stink on his toenails.
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,910 Captain
    acmannn said:
    I am a fisherman, came here to share my knowledge.

But I see this thread, and have to share a personal experience.

10-12 days ago.....

I had a neighbor for 6 years, he was 75-80, thin, in perfect health.

He could be difficult, but we were cordial.

His son, bank president, his daughters, school principal and teacher, respectively.

I go fishing for a few days in DR, come back, my wife says the neighbor died of the virus!

Day I come back, new car, new appliances, new everything for the widow.

I truly wonder how many "virus deaths" were insurance related.

Don't think she would get a settlement that quick. He more than likely had a pile of money and refused to part with it. After he parted the wife decided he couldn't take it with him, so she wasn't going to chance it and got what she wanted.
  • cmmguycmmguy Posts: 68 Deckhand
    cadman said:
    SAENole said:

But Covid.  
    He had to have the procedure due to the Covid he caught. He had no previous heart issues. 

Ghali previously said Letlow was being treated with the antiviral drug Remdesivir and steroids. Asked if Letlow had any underlying conditions that would have made his death more likely, Ghali said in a text message, "none. All COVID related." 

LOL... you guys believe anything to validate your ignorance. No real proof he was healthy or had no heart conditions, just heresay, yet you claim that as the gospel but if it was the other way around you would demand proof with peer reviewed data..  You and everyone else are going to look pretty silly when the total death numbers come in and there is only about a 50k bump in deaths over previous years, which really isnt a bad number considering the population is increasing year over year too.
  • anglerplusanglerplus MiccoPosts: 1,285 Officer
    edited December 2020 #16
    The medical community should be thankful for COVID. It sure is making the death diagnosis easier than the past
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 7,227 Admiral
    edited December 2020 #17
    Gardawg said:
    Old men do not die 'unexpectedly' ... just like an old car they can stop running at any moment ... even a muscle car.

Don't tell TRT or he'll be on that like the stink on his toenails.
    How is it you know so much about his toenails?

This is only slightly more interesting then the 41 y.o. guy from La. who died because of a weak immune system.
    RIP Luke
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 7,643 Admiral
    edited December 2020 #18
    Not saying he had no underlying, but just because an MD said it is so doesn't make it 100 percent.  I see mistakes all the time including cancer, MS, fractures etc.......Or there may be some people out there who are genetically predisposed to this happening.  Maybe a larger viral load due to a more aloof attitude towards it that made this possible.  Who knows why this happens.  Maybe they will figure it out 
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 1,881 Captain
    edited December 2020 #19
    Dead from a "heart attack" on day 6 in the ICU :(
    .106% chance of dying from covid, and .0007% chance of dying from a heart attack at his age.  Poor family.
    I wonder what "procedure" they were attempting?
    cmmguy said:
    cadman said:
    SAENole said:

But Covid.  

LOL... you guys believe anything to validate your ignorance. No real proof he was healthy or had no heart conditions, just heresay, yet you claim that as the gospel but if it was the other way around you would demand proof with peer reviewed data..  You and everyone else are going to look pretty silly when the total death numbers come in and there is only about a 50k bump in deaths over previous years, which really isnt a bad number considering the population is increasing year over year too.
    Currently the excess deaths over previous years is around 300,000 more than previous years, six times your claim of 50,000. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm?s_cid=mm6942e2_w

Mini Mart Magnate