Home Diver's Corner

What do you do to relax after a long dive?

olidajinolidajin BrazilPosts: 1 Greenhorn
After every wonderful experience of a diving trip, fatigue is often unavoidable, so what do you do to dispel that fatigue? I quite love music, so I'm going to play some popular 80s music and feel the melody. Great!

Replies

• The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,514 Captain
    edited December 2020 #2

When I had a larger boat many years ago with a double berth we use to actually lay down occasionally and take a nap after our second tank. Once I had a strange feeling and came out onto the deck and Holly Shizer there were no less then three water spouts nearby. That was the last time we took a nap on a summer day anchored on the reef.

After we stopping napping after strenuous dives it caught up we me once. I was making a long 25 mile run back to the ramp while my wife was sound asleep on a mattress on the deck when I nodded off at the helm. I was completely asleep from fatigue for seven miles! I finally snapped out of it when the 5000 lb boat was a mile from crashing into a mangrove shoreline. The hum coming from my 350 ci Chevy engine was like white noise and always made me drowsy. After that experience I began to run the boat standing up but the helm was not designed for standing unless I removed the canvas top from the windshield and folded it back with a bungee cord and clamp.

Giimoozaabi
  • ChillyChilly Posts: 532 Officer
    good response but i bet OP is a bot.  bots everywhere on the forum now.

CHEAP BAIT! Try our NE FL Bait Co-op: http://northeastfloridabaitcoop.com/

• dontezumadontezuma Posts: 274 Deckhand
    Lol!  That's totally a bot!
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 2,512 Captain
    Chilly said:
    good response but i bet OP is a bot.  bots everywhere on the forum now.
    Good call.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 8,412 Admiral
     I wonder if the OP is a Brazilian woman with a big bot.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway