Home General Hunting

Turkey permit results are out!

2»

Replies

  • Crkr23Crkr23 MelrosePosts: 130 Deckhand
    Tony Roma said:
    Return the caravelle north permit, gather the preference point and pick it up in the redraw. Somebody told me to do that last year , I should of listened. 
    I agree, I wouldn't burn a pp for caravelle north. Return it, you can almost always p/u an ONF on the redraws
  • shempshemp Posts: 684 Officer
    In line for sp. opp.  Applied for opener cause tired of spooky late season pressured birds.  Got a quota for a poorly managed WMA but will hope for the best and start scouting a lot in Feb.  Could be worse, could be better.  
  • oldswamperoldswamper Washington CountyPosts: 1 Greenhorn

    I got the second Ocala Hopkins Praire.

    Might put in for the Lake Delancy area on the redraw for the same week to open up some territory if need be.

    Looking forward to doing a little scouting

  • 2flyfish42flyfish4 Posts: 5 Deckhand
    Crkr23 said:
    Tony Roma said:
    Return the caravelle north permit, gather the preference point and pick it up in the redraw. Somebody told me to do that last year , I should of listened. 
    I agree, I wouldn't burn a pp for caravelle north. Return it, you can almost always p/u an ONF on the redraws
    I'm thinking about it. It was option 5 and I picked it in a hurry bc the dates worked. Still researching it alittle more before I make a decision.
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 3,068 Captain
    2flyfish4 said:
    Crkr23 said:
    Tony Roma said:
    Return the caravelle north permit, gather the preference point and pick it up in the redraw. Somebody told me to do that last year , I should of listened. 
    I agree, I wouldn't burn a pp for caravelle north. Return it, you can almost always p/u an ONF on the redraws
    I'm thinking about it. It was option 5 and I picked it in a hurry bc the dates worked. Still researching it alittle more before I make a decision.
    2 preference points will get you in alot of good places around Central Florida. Down here in South Florida it takes 3-5.  
  • OGBOHICAOGBOHICA floridaPosts: 565 Officer
    Imagine our forefathers yrs ago reading this.... BOHICA
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 2,970 Captain
    It’s all perspective OGBO. My forefathers would be impressed with all the opportunities and game we have today. However they would be sorely disadvantaged as they wouldn’t be able to afford a bow, a muzzleloader, a rifle and feeders and cameras. I would bet they’d abstain from carrying a mobile device. I do agree they wouldn’t like all the regulations  ;)
  • 2flyfish42flyfish4 Posts: 5 Deckhand
    Pinman said:
    2flyfish4 said:
    Crkr23 said:
    Tony Roma said:
    Return the caravelle north permit, gather the preference point and pick it up in the redraw. Somebody told me to do that last year , I should of listened. 
    I agree, I wouldn't burn a pp for caravelle north. Return it, you can almost always p/u an ONF on the redraws
    I'm thinking about it. It was option 5 and I picked it in a hurry bc the dates worked. Still researching it alittle more before I make a decision.
    2 preference points will get you in alot of good places around Central Florida. Down here in South Florida it takes 3-5.  
    Well after talking to the biologist the north unit sounds like a bust. I knew caravelle was a decent hunt but didn't know the difference between the south and north unit. The south unit is where ya want to be between the 2. I'll return it and hope for a better pick next year.

    What are some of yalls favorite quota hunts?

    I normally put in for
    lake wales, hickory hammock, Seminole forest, croom, kicco.
     
  • Tony RomaTony Roma Posts: 1,121 Officer
    South caravelle has no spring turkey quota , I do find that curious. 
  • Crkr23Crkr23 MelrosePosts: 130 Deckhand
    Sure hope caravelle south has a quota hunt, I've got the second phase and a friend has the first.
  • Longbow14Longbow14 Posts: 93 Deckhand
    is it still a goose egg if its for turkey?
  • HollywoodcorollaHollywoodcorolla Posts: 621 Officer
    Had 4 points. Nadda. I wasn’t expecting to get anything for where I apply. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,465 Admiral
    I got a bunch of Turkeys that run down a 4 Wheeler trail I cut out along a swamp edge every morning about 8 to 9 am. They run like their butts are on fire cause my neighbor that don't hunt feeds them corn. He feeds everything Corn just to see the critters.
    It's about 400 yards away behind the house. I don't really hunt Turkeys but I see a bunch.
    Pretty cool to listen to them while I'm wandering about in the bush and I see piles of them Deer hunting.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • smellybucksmellybuck Posts: 56 Deckhand
    How do you turn your hunt unit back in and how long do you have to do that, I drew that Carevele ranch north and ya'll got me spooked now. I really didn't want to draw it I thought I was applying for another point. Didn't realize it only took a point or two to draw that one. After looking at it on line it looks tough like its too small, too much private land and too many roads. I could just stay home and have those conditions.
  • 2flyfish42flyfish4 Posts: 5 Deckhand
    On the 17th you can return it, log into your myfwc and go to the permit. There will be a button to click to return
  • Tony RomaTony Roma Posts: 1,121 Officer
    Crkr23 said:
    Sure hope caravelle south has a quota hunt, I've got the second phase and a friend has the first.
    Well darn, I must of missed it while I was scrolling , good luck to you and your friend , I’ll look harder next draw. 
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 Palm HarborPosts: 826 Officer
    Crap for redraws. Seems like the permit applications in phase 1 tripled compared to last year.
  • WetBanditWetBandit Posts: 116 Deckhand
    First time trying for special opportunity hunts this year and ended up with NNN, third week.  I remember a thread discussing NNN last year and it seemed like a lot of people felt there was a significant drop off in success/attendance for week 3.

    For those that are familiar, what's you opinion on hunting NNN, week 3?
  • Tony RomaTony Roma Posts: 1,121 Officer
    WetBandit said:
    First time trying for special opportunity hunts this year and ended up with NNN, third week.  I remember a thread discussing NNN last year and it seemed like a lot of people felt there was a significant drop off in success/attendance for week 3.

    For those that are familiar, what's you opinion on hunting NNN, week 3?
    I’ll take it off your hands if you are not feeling confident:)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Digital Now Included!

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

Preview This Month's Issue

Buy Digital Single Issues

Don't miss an issue.
Buy single digital issue for your phone or tablet.

Buy Single Digital Issue on the Florida Sportsman App

Other Magazines

See All Other Magazines

Special Interest Magazines

See All Special Interest Magazines

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement

Phone Icon

Get Digital Access.

All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.

To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine.

Get Digital Access

Not a Subscriber?
Subscribe Now