Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Jacksonville Beach surf

JaxKayakJaxKayak Jacksonville, floridaPosts: 47 Deckhand
Thinking about going out Thanksgiving morning to do some surf fishing. Has anyone had any luck out there recently?

Replies

• Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,980 Captain
    When the weeds aren’t there, it’s been good. Good sized whiting and a few pomps.

• DrKDrK Posts: 253 Deckhand
    I had 2 visitors who wanted to go surf fishing last Sunday and expected it to be dead but surprised we caught more than enough for dinner.  Got a 16 inch black drum and 4 whiting came home. Had bites on shrimp and sand fleas from Larry's. No bites on clams
  • OverSlotOverSlot Posts: 48 Deckhand
    Fished this morning around 30th south and there is tons of mullet. Fished the last 2 hours of outgoing and the first hour of incoming with live mullet and only managed a few small blues and a lemon shark. Was fishing a crazy good slu aswell. Water was clean of weeds but seems we need a few more cold fronts to kick in the bigger blues and reds. Good luck out there!
  • JaxKayakJaxKayak Jacksonville, floridaPosts: 47 Deckhand
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I heard the water down near Ponte Vedra didn't look the best today so I'm probably going to get up early and do some topwater out of Mayport. I'll let everyone know how we do.
  • JaxKayakJaxKayak Jacksonville, floridaPosts: 47 Deckhand
    Turns out going topwater fishing out o Mayport instead of surf fishing was a good call. Caught a lot of undersized trout. Ended up with 3 keepers and a nice 22-inch red. Also caught a 30-inch red we threw back.